What does your Metformin taste of?

Helenababe

Ever since I've been taking Metformin, and no matter what type, it has a taste of like mould, fusty.

It doesn't happen always but most times.
Do any of you taste this?

Helena.

benedict

Administrator
Hi Helena, I'm just bumping this thread to see if anyone else experiences any odd tastes of their metformin.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on Metformin about 4 years, haven't noticed a taste with it. I don't let it hang around in my mouth for long though. Although on odd occasions when I haven't had a drink with me I have swallowed it as it is, still not noticed any taste.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Taste bitter to me, i try and swallow them as quick as i can with loads of water :sick:

Sue

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on metformin for about 4 years but to be honest the morning one I take with 9 other tablets so unable to comment on mouldy taste. Some of my tablets taste horrible and I just put 3 in at a time and slurp coffee.
The evening one I take after my meal but again with another tablet. Not noticeably mouldy.
Sorry I'm not much help.

another12

Dislikes
Porridge
Pharmacists advise is "take with or after food". This action eleviates the after taste associated with metformin.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Hi. Been on me form in over 2yrs now had the normal one now on slow release, swallow them guick so have not noticed any taste sorry

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, metformin may have metallic taste after you take it. as far as weight loss, i don't believe i have heard of it being associated with metformin, but congrats if your losing weight!