Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B - jelly
D - omelette with bacon & salad, jelly & cream
T - chicken stir fry

Snacks - cashews, pigs in blankets non nom nom, baked some kale, what was I thinking, worst thing I've ever tasted in my life (not even being dramatic) small bar 70% dark choc

Even done some exercise too.. Trying to take my mind off me nan having emergency surgery so the exercise occupied my mind well. Today has been a good day!

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid I overdosed on the Posh ones. Had them too many days in a row.
Sad really, because I was on a packet a day, for lunch at work.
And I was losing weight faster then than since I stopped (stopped the scratchings, and the weight loss. Lol)

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it goes OK for your nan!

What recipe did you use for the kale?
I tip a tablespoon of oil in a bowl, mix in a heaped teasp of Pataks curry paste, a good pinch of salt, then I toss in the kale and gently massage it till the leaves are thinly covered. Then bake.
Voila! Curried crisps.

You can do the curried oil for onion rings too (lowest oven setting possible, bake till dried out).
They are lush.

:)

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

I wouldn't think my friend keeps them in there for long... she makes curries every day... :) I will ask her though... She's been stealing mine while I've been away, so she's had about 9 days' worth... I bet they're all gone... :)
Thanks Susi :). My friend sometimes buya more than she can get thru and gives me what she doesn't use as she doesn't like them cooked. If I can freeze raw will be far easier for me than cooking them all at once then portioning to freeze.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes please ...any veggie ideas I welcome ...

I only make it with herbs ...sometimes a bit of garlic ... Any thoughts welcome ...thank you ..Kat

OK - I've put it in the low carb recipe thread. :)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope it goes OK for your nan!

What recipe did you use for the kale?
I tip a tablespoon of oil in a bowl, mix in a heaped teasp of Pataks curry paste, a good pinch of salt, then I toss in the kale and gently massage it till the leaves are thinly covered. Then bake.
Voila! Curried crisps.

You can do the curried oil for onion rings too (lowest oven setting possible, bake till dried out).
They are lush.

:)

Thanks she's doing ok at the moment :D

I just done the kale how I saw someone else here say, oil n salt n shot in the oven, your way sounds quite tasty, I can honestly say this tasted like actual dirt out of the ground!

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I don't enjoy Trotters pork scratchings either.

Have you tried the Posh ones? Mind you, depends on whether you want to remortgage, or not.

Today has been interesting.

B: mushrooms and egg cooked in butter. Needed something added, but I couldn't work out what. Umami? Worcester? Garlic? :wacky: Not sure. May try again tomorrow.

L: crustless quiche. Eggs again. May be repercussions...

D: KFC. Dashing to puppy class. No time. Most unfortunate. Gave Mr B all my chips and peeled the crusty coating bits off my chicken pieces. But of course, that means I will be hungry again later. So will probably have berries and cream. :D
I find mushrooms and eggs always seems to be something "missing" and the only thing that ever seems to make it "complete" is some cooked tomato.

I never did try umami as interesting as it first sounded because somewhere along the line it mentioned it being monosodium glutamate..... :(. Still love your version of chia seed pud....scrummy but I use less sweetener....

S

Sable_Jan

B - jelly
D - omelette with bacon & salad, jelly & cream
T - chicken stir fry

Snacks - cashews, pigs in blankets non nom nom, baked some kale, what was I thinking, worst thing I've ever tasted in my life (not even being dramatic) small bar 70% dark choc

Even done some exercise too.. Trying to take my mind off me nan having emergency surgery so the exercise occupied my mind well. Today has been a good day!
Hope your Nan is ok x

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
I don't enjoy Trotters pork scratchings either.

Have you tried the Posh ones? Mind you, depends on whether you want to remortgage, or not.

Today has been interesting.

B: mushrooms and egg cooked in butter. Needed something added, but I couldn't work out what. Umami? Worcester? Garlic? :wacky: Not sure. May try again tomorrow.

L: crustless quiche. Eggs again. May be repercussions...

D: KFC. Dashing to puppy class. No time. Most unfortunate. Gave Mr B all my chips and peeled the crusty coating bits off my chicken pieces. But of course, that means I will be hungry again later. So will probably have berries and cream. :D
I like to fry mine in butter and then sprinkle with turmeric. This is lovely, however, I love turmeric, if you don't it might not work for you;)

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with sunflower seeds and hazelnuts. Tea with cream. 3 homemade Ginger Almond biscuits - only 1 carb each:)

Lunch: unusually for me I didn't feel at all hungry so just ate some more yoghurt with a chopped kiwi fruit.

Dinner: lamb's liver with onions and mushrooms in gravy. Cauliflower Mash with butter. I was very hungry and only realised later when I did the maths that I ate 9 carbs of onion and 9 carbs of cauli Why do onions have to have so many carbs??? Darn root veg!

2 more ginger biscuits. Tea with cream.

A total of 45 grams of carb so under my 50 grams per day target.

Reactions: 6 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with sunflower seeds and hazelnuts. Tea with cream. 3 homemade Ginger Almond biscuits - only 1 carb each:)

Lunch: unusually for me I didn't feel at all hungry so just ate some more yoghurt with a chopped kiwi fruit.

Dinner: lamb's liver with onions and mushrooms in gravy. Cauliflower Mash with butter. I was very hungry and only realised later when I did the maths that I ate 9 carbs of onion and 9 carbs of cauli Why do onions have to have so many carbs??? Darn root veg!

I thought cauli was low In carbs? Did you mean the gravy? Gravy spikes me terribly x

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ate a portion of cauli mash the size of a small mountain as I am a greedy guts the 'gravy' was just a beef stock cube dissolved in hot water and added to the liver and onions in the pan. As I shared the dish with my boyfriend I consumed less than half a beef stock cube so I didn't carb count for it. Do people include stock cubes in their carb counts?

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I had an unusual spike to 8.5 last night and that upset me as I had not had anything our of the ordinary. Also, I had hoped that my test strips would have arrived in today's post, alas no. Therefore I am being very cautious today, eggs for breakfast, cheese salad for lunch (all green salad) and likely have broccoli and cauliflower for tea.

S

Sable_Jan

Could I have the recipe for your ginger biscuits please?

S

Sable_Jan

I thought cauli was low In carbs? Did you mean the gravy? Gravy spikes me terribly x
To me the onion and cauli being 9 carbs each is really quite low but I guess it depends on what daily limit you are giving yourself...

S

Sable_Jan

I had an unusual spike to 8.5 last night and that upset me as I had not had anything our of the ordinary. Also, I had hoped that my test strips would have arrived in today's post, alas no. Therefore I am being very cautious today, eggs for breakfast, cheese salad for lunch (all green salad) and likely have broccoli and cauliflower for tea.
Maybe the 8.5 was a rogue reading .... dodgy strip, dirty hands etc... I guess if you are short of strips you wouldn't have retested

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sable_Janst: 829786 said:
To me the onion and cauli being 9 carbs each is really quite low but I guess it depends on what daily limit you are giving yourself...
I eat loads and loads and loads of cauliflower and it don't seem to spike me luckily

Status
Not open for further replies.