Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch..

Where breakfast meets lunch?:roll:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Finzi

SamJB said:
Jesus, only in Scotland eh?!

Had this porridge for brekkie, tweaked recipe from The Low Carb Gourmet by Karen Barnaby:

25g ground flax seed
20g wheat bran
20g soya mince (holland and barret sell it)
2 tbsp chocolate flavour whey protein
sweetener to taste
160ml hot water (for desired consistency)

Mix dry ingredients, mix water, perhaps a spot of milk. Microwave if too cold. Gonna be a staple!

Here's mine, inspired by yours but adapted, cos I wasn't sure about the sound of soya mince

20g ground flax seed
10g ground almonds
Scoop of protein powder (mine is "cookies and cream" which is a nice neutral flavour for porridge (but chocolate sounds nice too)
Teaspoon psyllium husks (optional)
Bit of sweetener (doesn't need much)
Cinnamon (optional)
Make up to desired consistency with unsweetened soya milk (or water). Or milk but that would add carbs.

Microwave 2 mins.
It has a slightly gloopy feel, more like ready break than porridge made with real oats. Next time I might put some sunflower seeds in. Definitely hits the "porridge" spot though. And you can make up the dry mixture in a jar so that on busy mornings you can just spoon it into the bowl.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Breakfast - tea with cream, black pud, bacon, egg. More tea with cream

Snack - 2 plain digestive bikkies

Lunch - mix of mash potato, carrot and swede

Snack - diet coke

Dinner - Chicken Korma, no rice.

Lazy day today, still in jim jams and no intention of getting out of them. Have done 3 loads of washing and cleaned the kitchen and written the first few chapters of my book. :)

Reactions: 2 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can confirm that the porridge is much better with soya mice swapped for almond flour. With the chocolate protein powder it tastes just like chocolate ready brek. What a find!!

Finzi

SamJB said:
I can confirm that the porridge is much better with soya mice swapped for almond flour. With the chocolate protein powder it tastes just like chocolate ready brek. What a find!!

:)

Are we good or what?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brilliant!

Today I've had:

Breakfast: bacon and eggs
Lunch: the aforementioned porridge
Dinner: cauliflower cheese and bacon

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Today I have had :

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee

Lunch - WW tomato soup
Kiddies fruit box of melon/grapes
Another coffee mid afternoon

Tea - crustless bacon and leek 'mini' quiche 2 baked tomatoes
small leafy salad alongside.

Anna.

Susiebabs

Today I have happily consumed...

Breakfast: 2 egg & cream omlette (added in a bit of pysillum husk for extra fiber and it gives it a lovely finish) with wafer thin roast beef and cheese (open omelette finished under the grill)

Lunch: Coleslaw and pork, sugar free jelly

Dinner: Chicken cooked in coconut milk with curry and other lovely herbs and spices and baby sweetcorn

Snacks: Brazil nuts, a Butternut brownie and a cheese string...

This was interspersed with a trip to A&E after giving myself a shock when I tripped and landed with my fingers in the (off but still live) toaster giving myself an electric shock (and breaking the toaster) :roll: ! I felt fine, and I'm a medic for a sports team so quite used to injuries, but my heart then started to do funny jumps....so super embarassing trip to the hospital in an ambulance that NHS 24 called for me, where everyone was lovely and I was sent home after everything settled down in a few hours....! On the plus side it had no effect on my blood sugars! LOL :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Susiebabs said:
Today I have happily consumed...

Breakfast: 2 egg & cream omlette (added in a bit of pysillum husk for extra fiber and it gives it a lovely finish) with wafer thin roast beef and cheese (open omelette finished under the grill)

Lunch: Coleslaw and pork, sugar free jelly

Dinner: Chicken cooked in coconut milk with curry and other lovely herbs and spices and baby sweetcorn

Snacks: Brazil nuts, a Butternut brownie and a cheese string...

This was interspersed with a trip to A&E after giving myself a shock when I tripped and landed with my fingers in the (off but still live) toaster giving myself an electric shock (and breaking the toaster) :roll: ! I felt fine, and I'm a medic for a sports team so quite used to injuries, but my heart then started to do funny jumps....so super embarassing trip to the hospital in an ambulance that NHS 24 called for me, where everyone was lovely and I was sent home after everything settled down in a few hours....! On the plus side it had no effect on my blood sugars! LOL :D

OMG what a finale to your day!!! They say a mild electric shock is good for you. But I don't know who 'they' are, but that's what I've heard. Very scary but definitely a party piece. Glad you're OK though. :D

Pauperess

Had 2 crackerbread with cream cheese, hard boiled egg, baby bel for breakfast (7g)
Had 2 more crackerbread with cream cheese with tomato and cucumber for lunch plus 2 slices sandwich ham and a hard boiled egg (7g).
Tea will be mushroom omelette followed by SF jelly and double cream. May treat myself to a couple more crackerbread with cream cheese and tomato (7g).
Have had 2 mugs of coffee with tiny drop of milk and 3 cups of water so far.

Sketcher

Dislikes
Other people's cats in my garden
Breakfast: hard-boiled duck egg with mayo, Black Farmer sausage
Lunch: almond crackers with chicken liver pate and pickles
Dinner: nuts & pork scratchings, zero noodles in miso soup with spring onions & chilli; cheese & red wine later

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nice to have this thread reignited as I'm about to go down the shop to get dinner!

I always go for Black Farmer sausages. What are almond crackers? Where can you get them?

B: LC porridge
L: choritzo, gherkin, olive and cheese salad
D: probably going to have steak, asparagus and butternut squash chips.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Bran flakes with a dribble of skimmed milk, triple espresso also with a bit of skimmed milk, no sweeteners

Lunch - rye toast with sardines and a little bit of rocket, green tea.

Dinner - In my head will be a KFC three piece of chicken and fries combo with chicken gravy, while in the real world it will be a small amount of pasta with a vongole sauce and a bit more rocket, more green tea. Sigh.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
We've had no heating on at work for the past few days and I've got a stinking cold and sneezed non stop all day long, so today I had -

Breakfast - sausage roll (I know :roll: )
Mid Morning Snack -Thai chicken cuppa soup
Lunch - small salad with cheese, egg mayo and slice of tongue
Mid Afternoon - Tomato cuppa soup
Dinner - 2 eggs, black pud, sausage, bacon

Drinks - 2 cups of tea with cream and 1 cup of coffee with cream and several glasses of water

I'm always extra hungry when I have a cold, never lose my appetite :roll:

Maitland

Last results were 7.4 and then 8.7. Still waiting to be officially diagnosed but have made a head start with my eating habits. Beginning to get used to counting my calories and carbs.

Breakfast - 35g of Wheatflakes with semis skimmed milk followed by a 3 mile walk.

Mid morning Kiwi fruit

Lunch - 2 poached eggs on brown bread with flora pro-active spread.

Mid afternoon apple during my second 3 mile walk.

Dinner - 35g of ruby lettuce with be good to yourself Feta cheese, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber and a clove of garlic with a light dressing. All this accompanied by a small piece of Salmon cooked in a 1cal spray.

Pudding - a Weight Watchers vanilla yogurt.

M...

K

Kat100

What have you eaten today

Wheetabix with almond milk
Homemade with sweetener cake????? A slice it crumbled....
Auberge e and chickpea stew
Cauliflower cheese a few oven chips
A 3 mile walk.....
A bit dizzy today
Not sure if this has gone to the right topic....ooopsx

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
today;

breakfast - piece of homemade cheese and bacon no pastry quiche

mid morn - cheese string

lunch - piece of cheese and bacon quiche with salad and full fat mayo, sugarfree jelly, greek yog and a handful of mixed berries.

mid afternoon - salami stick, and small crusha no added sugar lactofree milkshake

dinner - bowl of brocoli and cauliflower with melted boursin, after a 40 min swim.

snack - 2 squares 74% choc, stick of celery smothered with peanut butter.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast: LC porridge (125g ground flax seed, 90g wheat bran, 90g ground almonds, 2 scoops chocolate whey protein, sweetener and almond milk. Microwaved 2 mins. I have 50g of the dry mix per portion)

Snack: 50g mixed nuts

Lunch: Nandos half chicken (hot!) With 2 sides of coleslaw.

Dinner: lamb, brocolli and butternut squash curry. No rice, just a massive bowl of the stuff!

Post-dinner treats (it IS a Friday!): bottle of dry white and a few squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.