What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Staying overnight at parents so not my own choice of a filling tea.....woke up really hungry today but they are still in bed and no idea what is for breakfast.

Breakfast bacon, egg, mushrooms , tomato
Lunch corned beef , cheese salad
Supper chicken, salad , dollop bought coleslaw ; strawbs( had to wash sugar off) and low fat yogurt
Oh dear Ethyl. Why would anyone put sugar on strawberries? They are so sweet at this time of the year. Hope you get some delicious fat and protein for breakfast.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

No appetite today. Whats happening??????? Ate things but my heart wasnt in it. Could have gone all day on very little. Unheard of!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I used to think that people who said, "Sometimes I just forget to eat!" were obviously just liars :blackeye: But since changing my diet and taking metformin it has actually happened to me a couple of times.

Are you taking metformin and is it warm where you live?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear Ethyl. Why would anyone put sugar on strawberries? They are so sweet at this time of the year. Hope you get some delicious fat and protein for breakfast.

If only. I got a tin of mushrooms and some turkey bacon. My dad had a bypass so he is low fat mad as is my mum who was once as obese as me but is now under 9st. So my packed lunch was a boiled egg and a slice of ham with some limp lettuce. I raised cupboard to make a full fat dressing though. I don't think she puts much sugar on the strawbs but like you I can't see why they need any.

The Metformin has taken the edge off my appetite as usually my diet willpower has upped and willed itself off by now. Also I think not having carbs dulls the roaring hunger monster. I know that no matter how much I ate before, I could always eat another bit of bread or some crisps straight afterwards. Now I put food on my plate and quite often it ends up back in fridge or in the cat.

Reactions: 7 people

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just purchased the LivLife bread which is only 3.9 carbs per slice. It is actually okay and is a way back for me to have some sandwiches a few times a week.

jim

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Avacado is our current 'face' winner I think!! Living your work!

Bacon and eggs, coffee
Salami and Brie salad - wasn't into it today when it's usually my fave!

Homemade doner kebab wrapped in lettuce. I do love this! My next challenge will be sish kebabs. Yum ;)

I'm about to have a nut ball - first one in TWO weeks!!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
Hi, can I have the recipe for the doner kebabs please @Debmcgee

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's:

400g lamb mince or mince and steak combined

1.5 tbs of cumin and coriander

1tsp salt

Large onion

Blend and form into burgers and fry or oven bake til done.

Alive thinly and serve with mayo drenched cabbage and wrap in lettuce leaves.

It's not the same as the real thing but I love them! They taste better made with half steak but all mince is ok and cheaper.

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's:

400g lamb mince or mince and steak combined

1.5 tbs of cumin and coriander

1tsp salt

Large onion

Blend and form into burgers and fry or oven bake til done.

Alive thinly and serve with mayo drenched cabbage and wrap in lettuce leaves.

It's not the same as the real thing but I love them! They taste better made with half steak but all mince is ok and cheaper.

Thanks, sound lovely, will definitely try. x

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how many carbs are in a proper shop bought one?!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: scrambled eggs with quorn chorizo and ketchup on two livlife toasts. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: same as last night - chipotle ratatouille with cheesy cauli mash pie thing.

Pudding: raspberry tiramisu (almond muffin dipped in coffee and spiced rum, lc custard mixed with cream cheese, raspberries mushed with a bit of truvia, grated chocolate). Not as nice as the original high carb version, but better than a kick in the knickers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: scrambled eggs with quorn chorizo and ketchup on two livlife toasts. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: same as last night - chipotle ratatouille with cheesy cauli mash pie thing.

Pudding: raspberry tiramisu (almond muffin dipped in coffee and spiced rum, lc custard mixed with cream cheese, raspberries mushed with a bit of truvia, grated chocolate). Not as nice as the original high carb version, but better than a kick in the knickers.

nlekvt.jpg

Looks lovely and I love the expression!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dinner steak salad with mushrooms and onions - pinched one breaded garlic mushroom from hubby. It was lovely. Few strawbs, yogurt and linseed.

Reactions: 2 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Late Breakfast Quinoa with honey and Cinnamon.
Dinner braised steak with cauliflower. An apple.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I wonder how many carbs are in a proper shop bought one?!

Don't know but I have shop bought every Thursday and it's bloody delish!!
How was the nut ball, worth the wait..? Now that mine are in freezer I have every other day usually and they seem tastier, and yes I think I was OD on them before as my lips are fine now :)

Bfast: porridge
Lunch: rocket and mozzarella salad bowl with pesto sauce
Snacks: strawberries & raspberries as went to PYO today
Dinner: Steak, flat mushroom, peas and some onion from PYO ( tastes so sweet)
Strawberries with cream

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow science - I think that's your best day ever!

I'll try putting the balls in the freezer - good plan! I really enjoyed my balls thanks. I can't wait to get my coffee grinder to really pulse the nuts so they don't get stuck in my teeth so much!!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Could we have a pic of the nutballs please.

If you scroll back a few pages, somewhere around page 50 I think, you will see what looks like a turd (cat or dog) I think it could be either, but don't let it put you off, as that is the deliciously amazing nut ball!! lol

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.