What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb and @DJC3 I dont want a cast iron fry pan either. I have two Le Cruseot casserole dishes of different sizes. The bigger one is great to feed a crowd but it gets incredibly heavy when filled. I will continue my quest for the perfect omelette pan which is stable, level and non stick. @maglil55 any ideas?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Two successes and one failure on the food front today.

Success no 1 was persuading my body to comply with OMAD without noticeable hunger. Number 2 was the Diet Doctor butter burger - thanks @DJC3 for the idea. Thanks to my new burger press, it was even burger shaped rather than the usual heap of mince! Failure was an attempt to incorporate liver and kidney into a meatloaf as part of my commitment to Organuary. Cooked fine, but I didn’t like it, so officially I don’t like offal, after this month’s attempts.

So dinner was the butter burger and slices of meatloaf - luckily had made 2 tiny ones so could have one offal experiment and one normal one. Way too much food - didn’t finish the burger and only ate one small slice of each mini loaf.

@PenguinMum and @DJC3 I have 2 of these frying pans - one 20cm one and one 24cm one. Not cheap, but they’re doing well and no problems with the non-stick. They have metal handles too, so can be put in the oven. See one of them in action below.

https://www.johnlewis.com/eaziglide-neverstick3-professional-non-stick-open-frying-pan/p3197980

05E15CE2-6272-4A7F-B60C-F3FB7BC8F332.jpeg
D518A805-C92F-4F5B-9E11-663A8A6EFCD0.jpeg

Winnie-the-Pooh

IMG_4815.jpg

That is Ballarini set. They are as nonstick as it gets . You even don’t need to clean them ( set 400$ in Macys, where the pic comes from , but I got only a pan for omelette).
I struggled to post a small pic .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Glad you enjoyed the butter burger and thanks for the frying pan link. Good old John Lewis! Are they Teflon coated, can I use a metal spatula or do I need to use plastic/ silicone? I like the thought of a metal handle so it can be put in the oven.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you enjoyed the butter burger and thanks for the frying pan link. Good old John Lewis! Are they Teflon coated, can I use a metal spatula or do I need to use plastic/ silicone? I like the thought of a metal handle so it can be put in the oven.

I don’t think it’s teflon. I use plastic/wood/silicone to be on the safe side.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening super foodies. Have been lurching in the background - deep cover (actually slips mostly). @Chook encouraged me back - blame her. (thanks for the PMs) @Goonergal this is no place to discuss ya organ issues gal - glad there were no pics:angelic: B= bulletproof tea - strangely cute that. L= Avocado (leopards, spots anyone?) salad with chia and flaxseeds - discovered the BSC whilst away :):):)- blame @DJC3. D= rotisserie air fried posh chicken, celeriac Dauphinoise (lacto free milk not cream) and broccoli. Also listening to The Fungster on audible (has a voice I would like to punch:arghh:) but the PDF appendix has a nice little plan for IF. Meals look hilarious though. Over and out.
Edit: Salad had pork belly and cheddar as a nod to Carni Jan - often nod to her on my way past

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb and @DJC3 I dont want a cast iron fry pan either. I have two Le Cruseot casserole dishes of different sizes. The bigger one is great to feed a crowd but it gets incredibly heavy when filled. I will continue my quest for the perfect omelette pan which is stable, level and non stick. @maglil55 any ideas?
I've got the Salter Pan for Life out of Sainsburys. Not too horrible - 24cm is £17. They've got a few sizes. Sainsbury's own brand wok is brilliant too - I've got 2 of them.

Reactions: Chook and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i know, right?
Should have been lovely.
Think it was the cheese. I threw the rest of it out, just in case.
Did you check the date on your onion powder? I blitz my seasonings and herbs every so often as they can go "off".

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Goonergal @Winnie-the-Pooh @maglil55 for the pan suggestions. Will peruse! I actually wonder if I am cooking eggs fried/omelette at too high a temperature rhough that doesnt excuse my Prestige new pan sliding eggs to the edges!
@ianpspurs good to see you lurking enjoyed post but what is BSC advised by @DJC3 ?
(Yes I am doing this in DOI time but about to put the ipad down!!).

Reactions: Chook and maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Goonergal @Winnie-the-Pooh @maglil55 for the pan suggestions. Will peruse! I actually wonder if I am cooking eggs fried/omelette at too high a temperature rhough that doesnt excuse my Prestige new pan sliding eggs to the edges!
@ianpspurs good to see you lurking enjoyed post but what is BSC advised by @DJC3 ?
(Yes I am doing this in DOI time but about to put the ipad down!!).
BSC was not actually advised but she alerted me to the existence. It is a Chart which hails from Bristol to categorise Stools - non bar variety. I now have a mug and fridge magnet and am considering hoodies and t-shirts. DOI - ipad:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: You clearly want me to go.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BSC was not actually advised but she alerted me to the existence. It is a Chart which hails from Bristol to categorise Stools - non bar variety. I now have a mug and fridge magnet and am considering hoodies and t-shirts. DOI - ipad:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: You clearly want me to go.:angelic:
Hells Bells that is a place I dont want to go to!!! Thanks for explaining I thnk.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 love fennel seeds - always use them in braised celery
@ianpspurs welcome back you’ve been missed - but stool charts In what have you eaten!?? Cooper the dog we are looking after has brought me closer to that subject than I’d choose!
@Goonergal pleased going well on OMAD
Brunch one boiled egg and half toasted chaffle
Mid pm montezumas 100% choc with orange oil with lots of coffee and cream
Dinner beef casserole, roasted celeriac, braised celery and sprouts with glass of red pudding lc lemon and lime mousse with full fat greek yoghurt.
Good day with cooper just one more full day to go although won’t miss thebroken nights sleeps they do leaveme feeling frazzled and hungrier than usual!

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs welcome back you’ve been missed - but stool charts In what have you eaten!?? Cooper the dog we are looking after has brought me closer to that subject than I’d choose!
Mid pm montezumas 100% choc with olive oil with lots of coffee and cream
Dinner beef casserole, roasted celeriac, braised celery and sprouts with glass of red pudding lc lemon and lime mousse with full fat greek yoghurt.
Good day with cooper just one more full day to go although won’t miss thebroken nights sleeps they do leaveme feeling frazzled and hungrier than usual!
Apologies for #chartgate but all connected to a difficult experience with a DD personalised diet. The Fungster seems to feel more love for fibre (and vinegar) . Voice aside, I am feeling more kindly about towards that guy these days.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening super foodies. Have been lurching in the background - deep cover (actually slips mostly). @Chook encouraged me back - blame her. (thanks for the PMs) @Goonergal this is no place to discuss ya organ issues gal - glad there were no pics:angelic: B= bulletproof tea - strangely cute that. L= Avocado (leopards, spots anyone?) salad with chia and flaxseeds - discovered the BSC whilst away :):):)- blame @DJC3. D= rotisserie air fried posh chicken, celeriac Dauphinoise (lacto free milk not cream) and broccoli. Also listening to The Fungster on audible (has a voice I would like to punch:arghh:) but the PDF appendix has a nice little plan for IF. Meals look hilarious though. Over and out.
Edit: Salad had pork belly and cheddar as a nod to Carni Jan - often nod to her on my way past

Good to see you back again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid pm montezumas 100% choc with orange oil with lots of coffee and cream

Re fennel seeds: I usually put a sprinkle in the lc crackers ( your recipe!) and flaxseed rolls, but haven’t ever used them on crackling. I’m not really fond of aniseed so I’m quite surprised I like the hint of flavour they impart.
Glad your time with Cooper has been fun, but hugs for the broken nights. I always get hungry when I’m tired too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for #chartgate but all connected to a difficult experience with a DD personalised diet. The Fungster seems to feel more love for fibre (and vinegar) . Voice aside, I am feeling more kindly about that guy these days.

Doesn’t bother me at all- I spent my working life delving into poo, it was just another specimen. On a different thread I might be persuaded to talk about the exploding ones!
Glad you’ve found some love for JF. I read his books before hearing his voice so maybe that was a better way round.

NitinHP

I have no appetite this evening.

I had my lunch too late and too much. I will have to face this at work, but need to be more structured with my meals at home.

I fancied a sweet, so 2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt, a few blueberries and a crumbled piece of 85% chocolate. I am telling myself it is the best desert in the world.

I will do it with toasted almonds and double cream, as suggested, next time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Doesn’t bother me at all- I spent my working life delving into poo, it was just another specimen. On a different thread I might be persuaded to talk about the exploding ones!
Glad you’ve found some love for JF. I read his books before hearing his voice so maybe that was a better way round.
I would enjoy those stories. I very carefully just said feeling more kindly and not love so let us not perpetrate terminological inexactitudes please, Boris

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3