What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
That is a late appointment. My turn tomorrow - I have Physio in the morning (changed from last week as the tooth extraction took priority) and the Eye Pavilion in the afternoon. Eye pavilion takes ages as I am due a field test tomorrow and they are always running late.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

The hospital appointment isn't for me - Mr Chook is having an MRI and hates doing anything like this on his own. Heavens knows why it has to be at 6.30 in the evening!

Reactions: ziggy_w and mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The hospital appointment isn't for me - Mr Chook is having an MRI and hates doing anything like this on his own. Heavens knows why it has to be at 6.30 in the evening!
Surprised they are there that late. Can't blame Mr C though - I always need about 3 mins to go into full relaxation mode before I can be 'inserted' in a MRI - hate the things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: ziggy_w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they have the appt that late for several reasons. They probably get fewer No Shows if the appt is outside 9-5 work hours. And it spreads the hospital parking stress and aggro. They can also have longer clinics, and squeeze more appts into the day. All of which are better for their waiting lists and stats, even if it isn't great for the NHS staff and their workloads...

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't really understand what happened. I felt hungry all day -- gave in and ate a lot.

Breakfast -- Two cups of decaffeinated double espressos with cream and xylitol. A home-made low carb role with butter.

A couple of hours later -- I coated about 200g of almonds and pecans with caramel (made with xylitol, a bit of salt and cream), ate about two-thirds of them.

Early supper -- made some mustard-tarragon cream sauce with 300g of veal, ate it all and the remaining nuts.

Blood sugars stayed a bit higher all day, which was to be expected, but nothing dramatic. Happy to report, I am no longer hungry.

Edited to add: Forgot to include a meal -- 300g of prawns in chili, garlic, onions, and galgant (I had a feeling that something was missing as the meals listed before didn't really sound excessive)

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting day today.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - seabass fillet fried in butter with sautéed courgette, broccoli and onion; 2 squares Lindt 90%

Drinks - 2 mugs tea with cream, sparkling water, tap water

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - left over jelly and cream
L- 1/2 protein roll, 1 boiled egg and pkt of pork scratchings
D - chicken and veg curry, and small popadum

Just had appointment through for second blood test since diagnosis. And breath

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So much for my wonderful planned salad....

We got to the hospital early and they took Mr C in early so we were out by quarter past six - and Mr C (who hadn't eaten since breakfast) announced that he felt 'a bit shakey and funny' and was a bit worried about driving home - so we went to a carvery and had a roast beef dinner which sorted him out. I just had the beef with cauliflower cheese and green beans and and a glass of red wine and enjoyed every mouthful! I suspect that the cauliflower cheese sauce wasn't made with cream so I am expecting some kind of BG reaction later.

I will be having my salad tomorrow for dinner.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello

B - left over jelly and cream
L- 1/2 protein roll, 1 boiled egg and pkt of pork scratchings
D - chicken and veg curry, and small popadum

Just had appointment through for second blood test since diagnosis. And breath

You'll be fine :) Have you invested in a meter and been checking your BG? My DN just annoys me now so I try to get out as soon as I can.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Greek Yeo, cherries, cream , flax seeds - too much cream, felt sick

D Tandoori prawns, carrot salad and Delouis mayo.

Snack- nuts, nuts, nuts, nuts , nuts. Too many nuts. Then more nuts with nuts on top :depressed:

T Steak , DD cauliflower cheese, mixed broad and green beans

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: 2 bacon, mushrooms & 2 eggs, milky coffee
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Hovis low carb wholemeal, berries & Activia zero yogurt
T: Duck breast, mini garlic roast potatoes & ricotta stuffed mushrooms
Tea & coffee throughout the day

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea
B: 2 bacon, mushrooms & 2 eggs, milky coffee
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Hovis low carb wholemeal, berries & Activia zero yogurt
T: Duck breast, mini garlic roast potatoes & ricotta stuffed mushrooms
Tea & coffee throughout the day

I do like your meals! They're full of real "normal" things. That's living the dream! :)

Ricardus

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Yesterday:-

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with 4ozs mushrooms sauteed in olive oil = 0 carbs
Dinner: 120gms tuna (in spring water) on a bed of 80gms spinach leaves = 0 net carbs
Supper: 210gm chicken breast wrapped in 2 rashers lean back bacon, 50gms cheddar = 10 carbs

Finished a 3 week induction yesterday - happy with a 6lb loss @ 2lbs a week. I am NOT a breakfast man but have been forced to eat it to keep up the calories. Breakfast for me is, has been and always will be five mugs of strength 6 black coffee! Breakfast will be the first thing to go as I move on to phase 2 for the next 6lbs!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fasting day for me today:

Breakfast: Black coffee

Lunch: Mug of Bovril

Dinner: Chicken salad (the one I should have had yesterday)

Drinks: Apart from the coffee and Bovril, I will be drinking sparkling mineral water all day.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none (although Mr B had a cinnamon raisin bagel, so boy was I tempted!)
L: tuna mayo, salad and chocolate truffles
D: barbecue chicken (pot roast with spices) and a ratatouille excavated from the freezer

Today will probably be an exact repeat. The scent of cinnamon is already filling the house. So I may add in a low carb cinnamon muffin cake for elevenses. There is only so much torture I can stand.
http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/2-minute-low-carb-english-muffin/

Last edited:

barriebanana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just made a 2egg omelette
Fried some mushrooms then added the egg mix to the pan then added some grated cheese a slice of ham chopped 4 cherry tomatoes sliced and 3 pitted olives sliced
First time I've done this
Will be interesting to see bg
in 2 hrs time I was 7.4 fasting this morning

B

badcat

Today got off to a bad start - BS was 7 when I went to bed, 10 when I woke up - bloody liver dumping!!! So todays a catch up day
B - some avocado with mayo
L- 1 slice livlife toast with tahini
BS now back to 7's
D - probably some steamed halibut with tenderstem broccoli and green beans. Followed by 50g Oppo ice cream (as long as sugars continue to play ball - if not then probably just the fish with some rocket and watercress salad)

Last edited by a moderator:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
B: 1 slice toasted cheddar cheese/ black tea
L: Ham/ cheese omelette and side salad-no bread.
D: Toasted chicken/ bacon sandwich at Costa with black tea whilst out shopping.
Treats: Small latte!

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
D: barbecue chicken (pot roast with spices) and a ratatouille excavated from the freezer

Today will probably be an exact repeat. The scent of cinnamon is already filling the house. So I may add in a low carb cinnamon muffin cake for elevenses. There is only so much torture I can stand.

Brunneria: Tell Mr B he is cruel eating a cinnamon bagel in front of you. Well done for resisting! Don't know if I could have done. I used to love anything with cinnamon. LOL

Reactions: Brunneria