What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria: Tell Mr B he is cruel eating a cinnamon bagel in front of you. Well done for resisting! Don't know if I could have done. I used to love anything with cinnamon. LOL

Yeah, but I eat CHOCOLATE in front of him (70% cocoa solids, truffles, low carb hot choc...) and he has sworn of Chocolate for about 7 years now (once he started, he just couldn't stop), so I do get my um... perhaps revenge isn't quite the right word. ;)

B

badcat

Slight change of plan as the halibut wasnt defrosted enough to cook :-( but blood sugars have been very well behaved :)
so I decided to give the electric spiralizesr Ive had sitting in the cupboard unused for the last 6 months a try out.
Fried up wild mushrooms, button mushrooms and garlic in some butter, added 2 tsp pesto, 20g goats cheese and a large spiralised courgette, cooked some more, lashings of black pepper - yum! Spiralizer is a bit of a faff but I will persevere before I succumb ro buying ready spiralized courgetti
Sugars behaving perfectly so 60g mint and chocolate Oppo ice cream was then consumed - one very contented badcat

Last edited by a moderator:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, but I eat CHOCOLATE in front of him (70% cocoa solids, truffles, low carb hot choc...) and he has sworn of Chocolate for about 7 years now (once he started, he just couldn't stop), so I do get my um... perhaps revenge isn't quite the right word. ;)
I read that at first that you'd had chocolate with the tuna!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - yoghurt with nuts
L - small slice goats cheese and spinach frittata, yoghurt with cinnamon
D - bacon and halloumi on protein roll and salad. Small pkt pork scratchings

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monsoon weather outside - glad it waited until I was home. I am definitely returning to more normal levels. Bed 5.3 FBG 6.3 and pre breakfast 7.1. Busy day deposited the boys at holiday club and nursery then off to physio in town. Came home for a quick lunch then back into town to the Eye Pavilion. To be fair it only took 1.5 hrs today but getting into town, getting parked and getting back took longer.
B. 2 Herta chicken sausages , 2 mushrooms and a fried duck egg
L. Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream. The leftovers of yesterday's salad mix of tuna, avocado, red onion, celery, tomato, lettuce and helmanns.
D. Rib eye steak with mustard, 4 cherry tomatoes, Tesco free from Yorkshire pudding (4.2g carbs 37 calories - it was looking at me ) and another Duck egg.

Reactions: mo53 and ziggy_w

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Monsoon weather outside - glad it waited until I was home. I am definitely returning to more normal levels. Bed 5.3 FBG 6.3 and pre breakfast 7.1. Busy day deposited the boys at holiday club and nursery then off to physio in town. Came home for a quick lunch then back into town to the Eye Pavilion. To be fair it only took 1.5 hrs today but getting into town, getting parked and getting back took longer.
B. 2 Herta chicken sausages , 2 mushrooms and a fried duck egg
L. Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream. The leftovers of yesterday's salad mix of tuna, avocado, red onion, celery, tomato, lettuce and helmanns.
D. Rib eye steak with mustard, 4 cherry tomatoes, Tesco free from Yorkshire pudding (4.2g carbs 37 calories - it was looking at me ) and another Duck egg.

I love duck eggs!! We used to keep Cayuga ducks and they used to lay those gorgeous greeny blue eggs.

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: none (although Mr B had a cinnamon raisin bagel, so boy was I tempted!)
L: tuna mayo, salad and chocolate truffles
D: barbecue chicken (pot roast with spices) and a ratatouille excavated from the freezer

Today will probably be an exact repeat. The scent of cinnamon is already filling the house. So I may add in a low carb cinnamon muffin cake for elevenses. There is only so much torture I can stand.
http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/2-minute-low-carb-english-muffin/
Have you ever tried that with just butter I.e. no nut butter. I have this aversion to nut butters. It's odd as I like certain nuts so long as they are not roasted or salted and I don't mind the nutty milks but the butters......yuk. I've tried to like them but they make me sick and the smell of a salted nut makes me nauseous.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - none

Lunch - 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers bacon

Dinner - Nando's. Very hungry so went for plain leg and 3 plain wings with salad. Blood glucose pre-meal 5.3; two hours later 5.2. Sneaky couple of squares of Lindt 90% when I got home.

Drinks - 1 mug tea with cream, 1 mug tea with milk, sparkling water, tap water

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After a day of proteinomania (blood sugars were stable at 5.5. to 5.7 for more than 24 hours), I have been doing better today.

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol.
During the day: One square of 85% chocolate.
Later: An evening out at our favorite tapas place. Two glasses of red wine, some salted almonds, some sardines, some cheese, some fabulous company. For the first time in more than 36 hours blood sugars dropped into the fours (probably thanks to the red wine).

Last edited:

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
Breakfast-1 boiled egg with 2 slice burgen bread cut into soldiers lol
Lunch-2 crisp breads with cheese and salad
Evening meal-haddock cauliflower rice and small pot of Greek yogurt with blueberry's

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a lovely food day today where I've enjoyed everything I've had to eat.

B. Left over from last night's dinner - Cottage pie made with a cauliflower cheese top, delicious hot last night, but even better cold this morning.
L. Green salad with a tiny bit of Wensleydale crumbled over it.
D. Bacon, eggs, mushroom.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Greek Yeo, cherries , flax, cream (just one tablespoon of cream and no nausea :))

D leftover steak from last night with carrot salad and mayo

T Diet Dr meal: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/chicken-veggie-wok/servings/1

(Threw some away - Id had enough! :woot: I hope I am not coming down with a cold. Very unusual behaviour )

Garlic tiny Boursin

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely food day today where I've enjoyed everything I've had to eat.

B. Left over from last night's dinner - Cottage pie made with a cauliflower cheese top, delicious hot last night, but even better cold this morning.
L. Green salad with a tiny bit of Wensleydale crumbled over it.
D. Bacon, eggs, mushroom.

Cottage pie sounds good. I'm looking for a few simple recipes to add to my repertoire. Don't have a food processor (tiny flat, tiny kitchen) - would a hand held blender blitz cauliflower?

Reactions: Chook and ziggy_w

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cottage pie sounds good. I'm looking for a few simple recipes to add to my repertoire. Don't have a food processor (tiny flat, tiny kitchen) - would a hand held blender blitz cauliflower?

I got the recipe off my work colleague who is an Atkins fan. I didn't bother blitzing it, I like the cauliflower cheese texture. My colleague mashes it though, just with an normal hand masher thingy.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

I've tried blitzing it using a stick blender - I think it over-whizzed it because the texture wasn't at all nice like a very thick cream with a few lumpy bits. I think that, next time, I'll follow @luceeloo 's suggestion and use a normal potato masher.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Black coffee

Lunch: Mug of Bovril

Dinner: Tuna mayonnaise and prawn salad - lettuce, tomato, radish, cucumber

Drinks: I'm going to be carrying on with this 24 hour fasting over the weekend so, sadly, no Friday Wineday :(

I have been doing this 24 hour fasting all week and I'm deeply in ketosis :) and gained 2lbs :(

Reactions: ziggy_w