What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 5 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. As much as I dislike the daily mail, that was useful. I like the idea of substituting veg for the heavy carbohydrate pasta, rice and potatoes. Have tried to slice thinly veg like courgettes, but this Spiraliser contraption looks like it could make life so much simpler.

I've got a Betty bossi veg twister (like a spiralizer but simpler. I like making pasta-esque meals with it. So far celeriac is my most successful faux spaghetti.

Reactions: 9 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes it is, I normally get three to four glasses, of juice out of it... so I can last till lunch time and I don't feel like snaking in between.

I vary it every day.. one day I do spinach, banana, grapefruit. cucumber that is really nice I juice that with coconut water.

I can actually miss the chocolate aisles out in the supermarket now lol

I think @Brunneria would like this. She introduced me to the idea of green smoothies. That gives me an idea. Will get back on to these as I have a lot of veg in the fridge at the moment.

Reactions: 4 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast one ryvita with marmite
Lunch avocado with coleslaw , half a slice of Burgen soya and linseed bread
Supper will be Cajun chicken with , again, celeriac wedges coated in paprika and a salad

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 4 bacon
L 1 slice toasted burgen with Philadelphia and 1/2 an avocado with soft poached egg, dusted with black pepper, small piece of cheese
D chicken with a few long bean Thai curry, sugar free jelly
Lots of water

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

yes it is, I normally get three to four glasses, of juice out of it... so I can last till lunch time and I don't feel like snaking in between.

I vary it every day.. one day I do spinach, banana, grapefruit. cucumber that is really nice I juice that with coconut water.

I can actually miss the chocolate aisles out in the supermarket now lol
Sounds great. I must try it. I can't eat bananas, but you have listed lots of other ingredients I could try, thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

pgill0108

I am new to all this and still working out what is good and what is not :)

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - sandwich of 2 x slices Hovis wholemeal bread with thin smarter of sunflower spread and 5 small slices of Pepperoni. Some whole queen olives and a tea, no sugar with milk.

Dinner - 2 x Bratwurst sausages, 80g of sprouts, 80g of peas and a tea with no sugar and semi-skimmed milk.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a well planned day today.

Due to a bathroom time warp (how DOES that happen?) I lost 15 mins this morning.
The knock on effect was that both B and L were cheese and ham slices.

D: 2.5 good sausages and cauli cheese followed by strawberries and cream.

Still, weekend tomorrow. Hopefully I will feel less like a limp dishrag and more like standing in the kitchen. It's been a looooong week.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Wispa, boost, magnum bar, sarnie, kettle chips, Maynard gums, beans on toast. In a state of denial. Waiting on follow up app at gp. A1c was 94, last finger test 16. Finding hard to adjust until I get diagnosis
Hi Craig... I hope you soon get sorted out... check out all the posts and the Low Carb Recip thread and look at all the lovely things you could be eating.. :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I keep meaning to make that almond bread...

Welcome @Craig.smith1972 denial is a phase most of us go through. Have a good browse of the forum. You'll find a whole section of threads by people who are newly diagnosed - you are not alone!
Well said Brunneria... :) You really must make the almond cake... you will never be without it again... I even have some in the hotel fridge that I bring with me... my husband and son eat it too.... It's lush warm with cream on, and sooo good for you... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B 3 bacon
L 1 slice of burgen toasted with Philadelphia and 1/2 an avocado with a soft poached egg & black pepper, handful of nuts
D 3 flat mushrooms with melted blue cheese & 2 good sausages, sugar free jelly.

May have one of Ellie's ginger nut biscuits later ( misses made some, lovely )
Love the sound of your lunch... what a lovely idea to top it with a soft poached egg.. thank you WS... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hmm I had a green smoothi of kale, half pear, ginger, parsley, 50grm of cucumber and two celery sticks, 1 tble spoon apple cider vinger, only juicing once a day now to loose a stone.. Dinner will be mushroom and spinach omelette.
Check out Amethyst's post back up a few.... it's about spiralizing veg and fruit to replace noodles, rice, pasta etc... I love making pasta from courgettes - it's delicious... when you are on solids again it might be nice for you... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you. As much as I dislike the daily mail, that was useful. I like the idea of substituting veg for the heavy carbohydrate pasta, rice and potatoes. Have tried to slice thinly veg like courgettes, but this Spiraliser contraption looks like it could make life so much simpler.
It's a lovely idea... I make courgette pasta with my potato peeler - it slices lovely thin strips - sort of like pappardelle... :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Been up half an hour and had a cup of green tea with half a fresh lemon squeezed into it.