What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back on to one meal a day so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was sea bream fillet with lemon and chervil butter and a side of cauliflower cheese. Followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream and 20g Montezuma Absolute Black dark chocolate with almonds.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: none, just a coffeestubstitute with cream
L: roast beef carvery meal with family - choosing LC gluten free options cuts the choice dramatically, and it wasn't that big a meal
D: DietDoctor chicken feta olive pesto, with baked butternut squash and sugarsnap peas, followed by a tiny GF raspberry macaroon.

Today:
B: none, just a coffeesubstitute with cream
L: last small bowl of broccoli and stilton soup. The rest has gone in the freezer
D: will be more DietDoctor chicken pesto followed by a LC hot chocolate, since I have been obsessing about it all afternoon! lol

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still no Saturday swimming. No 1 grandson still feeling a bit unwell. Bed 6.1 FBG 6.4.
B. Nothing
L. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and 2 rashers streaky bacon. Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with lurpack.
D. Made a Thai red curry with scallops, mushroom stir fry veg, cauliflower rice , beansprouts.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Last slice of red beet quiche, which was quite dry by now and a low-carb roll with butter and smoked sockeye salmon.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: About five squares of 85% chocolate (about 8g of carbs), half a low-carb roll with butter.

Dinner: Homemade soup with a slice of cheddar (the soup was made of beef, savoy cabbage, celeriac, tomato, zucchini, a few peas and a bit of carrot, and pumpkin seed oil), the last of the homemade low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream. A glass of dry red wine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quiet day today. No 1 grandson still not 100% , brother on holiday so just 2 to feed today.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and 2 rashers streaky crispy bacon. 1 Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with lurpack.
L. Nothing
D. Roasted ham and parsnips, carrot & turnip puree and maybe cauliflower.
One wee prosecco maybe.
2 squares 90%.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Second day back on one meal a day, so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was fat head pizza (pepperoni topping) with 15g Montezuma Absolute Black chocolate with almonds.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Sunday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Salmon with a homemade low-carb soy-lime-honey-mustard sauce, scrambled eggs with mushrooms and fennel.

Snack: Three squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Cornsalad with chicken, parmesan and Caesar's dressing. Some homemade soup and low-carb chocolate mousse with a bit of whipped cream. Two glasses of wine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Day 3 of one meal a day so no breakfast or lunch. Great thing about one meal a day is that that meal can be very indulgent.

Dinner was a GBK branded burger topped with a slice of German smoked cheese, served with buttered sprouts and broccoli. Dessert was raspberries and cream with 20g Montezuma Absolute Black chocolate with almonds.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeesubstitute and cream
L: last of the chicken wings, baked with salt
D: lamb curry with masses of veg and one 3 inch square of gf brown bread, with pate. odd combo, but v nice.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why is it you get ill , DP comes back and it takes days!! to be rid of it again. Tummy bug been doing the rounds hence why No 1 grandson wasn't well. I just feel sniffly. Bed on Sunday night 8.7 ??? I didn't have any prosecco (maybe that's the problem ?) FBG 7.2 then DP took me to the dizzying heights of 9 4 before returning to normality for the rest of the day.
B. Slice Hovis with lurpack, 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing No 1 relapsed and had to be brought home from school.
D. 7 spicy chicken wings (little ones) with a tablespoon of sour cream dip.
MFP didn't like me again. No idea what I'll have today but at least I went to bed on a better 6.8.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coming down with a bug - sore throat worsening all day and feeling a little fuzzy headed. BG not yet affected - still on one meal a day and down to 3.7 before dinner.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was a bit of an odd mixture as turned out to be hungrier than I thought. Diet Doctor salmon zoodles, bag of pork crunch followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream and 15g Montezuma Absolute Black chocolate with almonds.

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dinner, my 'invention', my lovely wife's cooking. The "Shroom Blue Burger Stack" (copyright Mark H) is layered as follows:
Flat mushroom, melted Dolcellate Cheese, burger, fried onions, and a plum tomato on top.
Delicious, and I believe low-carb?
Side of fried egg.
(The fluid is mainly mushroom juice, not fat!).
Think I could open a pop-up selling low-carb Street food? :)
Edit: The Ketchup in the picture is not for me!

Attachments

• IMG_20171121_205717.jpg
    IMG_20171121_205717.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 299

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and fennel.

Snack: Some 90% chocolate, two mini Babybel cheeses

An hour before dinner: A glass red wine.

Dinner: Some homemade soup, mashed swede with sour cream, butter and potato fibers, sauce Bernaise, and a bit of and low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream. Three different cheeses. Blood sugar was down by 0,6 mmol one hours after dinner.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday ...

Breakfast: Two double espressos with cream and xylitol. Some tuna sashimi with a low-carb lime-soy-mustard-honey sauce.

Snack: Some 90% chocolate, two Babybel cheeses.

Dinner: Swede with sour cream, butter and potato fibers, lamb with sauce Bernaise, cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan, some low-carb chocolate mousse and double cream. A glass of red wine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday bed 6.8 and FBG 7.2
Vile day (as is today) - rain and fog - miserable.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. That omelette again with 2 rashers streaky, 3 cherry tomatoes, courgetti and red Leicester in it.
D. Didn't really fancy anything but had some coronation chicken needing finishing. 2 baby beets, 3 tre colori tomatoes, 4 mozzarella pearls.
Chia Pudding with raspberries.
1 bit M&S 85% dark chocolate.
Today
Bed 6.9 FBG 7.3 and DP kicked up to 8.4 (better than a 9 at least)
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Same as yesterday - that omelette but also had a slice of Hovis lower carb seeded with lurpack.
D. 1/2 rack spicy ribs and onion/garlic dip.

Hubby is buying me a new Kenwood Chef. He reckons since my current one is 42 years old I'm due a new one. It still works but the motor does smell a bit now. Like an old friend. I'm surprised Kenwood stay in business with them lasting this long. Bit like the Bendix Washing Machines , they were built to last as well.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold is really kicking in now. Luckily no discernible impact on blood sugars so far.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was a quick and easy one. Two Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, two rashers bacon, 1 Birds Eye burger. Followed by chocolate and hazelnut Oppo ice cream with cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cold is really kicking in now. Luckily no discernible impact on blood sugars so far.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was a quick and easy one. Two Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, two rashers bacon, 1 Birds Eye burger. Followed by chocolate and hazelnut Oppo ice cream with cream.
I got off lightly with mine. Poor wee No 1 Grandson had 5 days of it plus the tummy bug.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh gosh - food - I forgot to eat and it is 8pm.
Come to think of it, I have not drunk anything but the mug of water when I got up.

Reactions: ziggy_w