What is my average mml ?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed T2 last week and still trying to work everything out! Can one of you clever bods tell me, if my recent HbA1c was 72, what was my average mml ?

Many thanks in advance!

The Duchess

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Duchess of Farr wrote
if my recent HbA1c was 72, what was my average mml ?

Stage One (Convert new style to old style)
1. click on Diabetes.co.uk logo at top of page
2. click on red banner where it says Blood Sugar Converter
3. click on HbA1c Units Converter on left hand menu options
4. enter your 72 in the mmol part of the converter and press Convert to %, and note result 8.738

Stage Two (Convert HbA1c to average blood sugar level)
1. click on HbA1c to Blood Sugar Level Converter on left hand menu options
2. enter 8.738 into HbA1c and press Convert to mmol/l
3. voila ! 13.0

Geoff

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
mrburden wrote
Using the chart here:
http://www.rajeun.net/HbA1c_glucose.html
it looks as if a reading of 72 equates to an HBA1C of 4.2 with an average blood glucose level of about 4.0 mml

Unfortunately you

a) used the reading of 72 as if it was mg/dl, and not mmol/l
b) confused an HbA1c of 72 mmol/l with an average blood sugar level of 72 mmol/l

I'm sure you won't repeat your mistake. I'd ditch that other converter. It's all here, as you know.

Geoff
ps if the Duchess had an HbA1c of 4.2 we'd all be beating a path to her doorway, and asking her how she did it !

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
librarising said:
mrburden wrote
Using the chart here:
http://www.rajeun.net/HbA1c_glucose.html
it looks as if a reading of 72 equates to an HBA1C of 4.2 with an average blood glucose level of about 4.0 mml

Unfortunately you

a) used the reading of 72 as if it was mg/dl, and not mmol/l
b) confused an HbA1c of 72 mmol/l with an average blood sugar level of 72 mmol/l

I'm sure you won't repeat your mistake. I'd ditch that other converter. It's all here, as you know.

Geoff
ps if the Duchess had an HbA1c of 4.2 we'd all be beating a path to her doorway, and asking her how she did it !

Yes, mistake noted. I tried to delete my post but can't seem to do so. Sorry for the inaccuracy. I certainly wish my average was 4.2!

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well you both did far better than I did, so I applaud and thank you both for your replies. Seems I was riding high. I suspect I will never see a 4.2, but in the event I do I will announce it with glee. :)

The Duchess

Defren

Duchess of Farr said:
Well you both did far better than I did, so I applaud and thank you both for your replies. Seems I was riding high. I suspect I will never see a 4.2, but in the event I do I will announce it with glee. :)

The Duchess

A 4.2 is perhaps a little too far, as it would give you average readings of 4.0. However, don't be put off, there are a few of us on the forum who got 4.9's for our last HbA1c (average 5.4). :D