what is the range for Gestational Diabetes before and after meal??

sumjoni

Please help me to know the actual standard range for" Gestational Diabetes before and after meal",My wife was type 2 diabetes and now she 19 week pregnant.So it is important to know for take care her. Please any body help me .

C

catherinecherub

Hi sumjoni and welcome to the forum.

As your wife already has Type 2 then it might be better for her to be set target levels with a Health Care Professional who knows her history. Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that affects a woman when she is pregnant.

The levels for someone with Gestational Diabetes are a fasting level between 3.5 and 5.9 and 7.8 one hour after a meal.

Reactions: 2 people

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 2 people

sumjoni

Hi sumjoni and welcome to the forum.

As your wife already has Type 2 then it might be better for her to be set target levels with a Health Care Professional who knows her history. Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that affects a woman when she is pregnant.

The levels for someone with Gestational Diabetes are a fasting level between 3.5 and 5.9 and 7.8 one hour after a meal.
Thank you very much to response me.

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
The normal low in healthy adults is around 64.8 mg/dL. Therefore your level of 67 and 76 mg/dl is not low. The postprandial (after lunch) level seems a little high but if it occurs only once or for a short period of time there is very little to worry about. Talk with your Dr. If he is worried he may order the GTT to evaluate if you truly have gestational diabetes.