1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What to eat when pregnant for snacking

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by xkayzx, Nov 1, 2017.

1. xkayzx

xkayzx · Member

Hi, I need Ideas on what I can eat for snacking throughout my pregnancy.. I’m 16 weeks and strangling what to eat throughout the day...

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @xkayzx Can i just check are you on insulin ? if so are you having issues with your BG levels ? What are you normally eating ?

As you're pregnant healthy snacks like nuts, chopping up some carrots/cucumber with dips, apples, olives, try soups, and if you're on insulin then bolus for the carbs eaten.

3. xkayzx

xkayzx · Member

Yes on insulin and yes my sugars are all over the place

4. quintel

quintel Type 1 · Active Member

I'm pregnant too and struggling with snacks! I'm eating vegetables and hummus, little cheeses like babybells and olives. It's tricky since eating salami and such is out of the question and trying to also avoid carby snacks. If I'm really hungry and some cheese won't cut it, I just have to eat something bigger like crackers or toast and just jab for it.

Good luck with everything and congratulations on your pregnancy! It's tricky but we know it'll be so worth it! <3

5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod · Moderator
    Staff Member

@xkayzx - Hi there.

Your profile doesn't show your type of diabetes. There's no obligation to do that, but showing it can make it easier for members to offer you appropriate opinions.

If you would like to show, you cab do that by clicking on your account and choosing from the drop down menu, under Type of diabetes, part way down the page. If you're not able to manage that, just shout.

I will reiterate you don't have to show it, if you don't want to.

6. Catherine4188

Catherine4188 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've found graze boxes quite useful for snacks, I get one a week and it comes with each snacks nutritional info, means a bit of variety. I'm type 1 but haven't really struggled with highs more lows so lots of snack have been required. Got 2 in my bag at all times. X

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook