What type of diabetes do you have, and do you work?

What type of diabetes do you have, and do you work?

• Yes - Type 1

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • No - Type 1

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Retired - Type 1

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Yes - Type 2

Votes: 106 40.8%
  • No - Type 2

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Retired - Type 2

Votes: 33 12.7%
  • Yes - Other

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • No - Other

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Retired - Other

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sophie evans

Hello i am sophie i am only 14 years old and i have been diagnosed for only 2 months with type 1 diabets. i am on insulin 4 times a day ,it would be a big help to hear if anyone outthere is going through the same.

billbod50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
fish and greens
hi
i have insulin treated diabetes
i am unemployed at this time
i have had diabetes since about 1992

princess32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm type 1 I have worked on and off while on injections now on the pump so much more flexibility I feel confident to now go and get a perminant job

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

petertremelling

Failure said:
I have type 2 diabetes, and i was taking 1 metformin twice a day, Then that was changed to 2 metformin twice a day, And now i am taking 3 metformin a day. And if my sugar levels are still the same in 3/4 weeks i will have to inject my self with insulin.

I am not looking forward to injecting my self as i have a fear of needles.

I am not working and have not been able to work for some time due to a lower back problem i have spine curvature disorder.

Its kind of funny because i had not been to see my doctor for over ten years due to problems leaving the house, Suffering with social phobia & agoraphobia, etc. So i went to the doctors a few months ago with my back problem and through having several blood tests it turns out i am diabetic.

Don't worry about the injections! These days we use 'pen' style units with a tiny (only 4mm) needle. Nothing like the TV sitcoms! Most of the time you won't even feel it go in. Good luck, Peter

fontana74

I have type 1 diabetes and I am writing this to warn any type 1's who are driving for the royal mail to watch their step. I drove for parcel force from 2004 to 2007 and was asked to leave the company due to my condition. Royal mail regulations now state that type 1 diabetics can only drive for one hour per day or up to 10000 miles per annum. These restrictions cannot lead to any type 1 fulfilling their daily duties as a driver for RM. If anybody requires any additional information, I will gladly let them know about my circumstances in this case. Wishing all diabetics well. W.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DCUK Forum mobile app

Cupcake61

Yes I have type1 diabetes.for28 years, have just started on the insulin pump! Which seems to be working great! I work as a nurse for 30 years.

WhatNotToEat

Have been diabetic for 5 years and have been in the same place of work for that length of time. (In two departments)

What Not To Eat
www.facebook.com/WhatNotToEat
Uniting those with coeliac disease, diabetes and gluten sensitivity.

michael1410

Type 1 diagnosed 3 yrs ago after a being out of work for a couple of months im a plasterer the physical work helps in my bg management

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Heelander73

Hi folks just seen this app in app store. Reading through some of the story's. very interesting. Been on insulin for 6 years diagnosed when i was 33. If i can be of help to anyone who has just been diagnosed or who is currently struggling or knows anyone who struggles with the ilness drop me a email [email protected]. And i will be happy to share my ups& downs since iv been diagnosed. Its very interesting to speak with diabetics and if can help anyone well all the better ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App