What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

debrasue

6.8 this morning

As of this Sunday, my values have been a darned mess. I'm shooting up into the 10's after breakfast even when it's only 10g carbs, and am waking up anywhere between 6.5-8.5. My sleeping rhythm has gone down the loo and my body doesn't like that one bit. (I also had some pie because it was my birthday yesterday which definitely didn't help, but I'm not going to forego my pie on my birthday!)

I hate DST so much..
Happy birthday for yesterday x

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning

As of this Sunday, my values have been a darned mess. I'm shooting up into the 10's after breakfast even when it's only 10g carbs, and am waking up anywhere between 6.5-8.5. My sleeping rhythm has gone down the loo and my body doesn't like that one bit. (I also had some pie because it was my birthday yesterday which definitely didn't help, but I'm not going to forego my pie on my birthday!)

I hate DST so much..

happy birthday yesterday

Reactions: Cumberland

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 for me this morning.

Finally back home last night so hoping to recover from the ups and downs of being away. Not helped by having only carby food on offer at a work conference yesterday. Ate first bread (white rolls) and sugar (in for a pound and went for a small piece of chocolate tart) since the start of January. Did not go down well - got a headache and blood sugar up to 12.6 two hours after lunch. More normal readings today, but not yet back down to the levels of a couple of weeks ago.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 for me this morning.

Finally back home last night so hoping to recover from the ups and downs of being away. Not helped by having only carby food on offer at a work conference yesterday. Eat first bread (white rolls) and sugar (in for a pound and went for a small piece of chocolate tart) since the start of January. Did not go down well - got a headache and blood sugar up to 12.6 two hours after lunch. More normal readings today, but not yet back down to the levels of a couple of weeks ago.

you should have some nuts or peanuts with you on that kind of occations... they fill the stomach quite fast and help one not to eat all those carbs..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you should have some nuts or peanuts with you on that kind of occations... the fill the stomach quite fast and help one not to eat all those carbs..

Thanks @Freema

I did have some nuts, but I find they just don't do the job - I reach a point where only a full meal will do: not eating for too long sets off my migraines. Normally if in the UK, I take my own lunch or figure out some place nearby where I can step out, but this was overseas so I didn't have those options :(

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thanks @Freema

I did have some nuts, but I find they just don't do the job - I reach a point where only a full meal will do: not eating for too long sets off my migraines. Normally if in the UK, I take my own lunch or figure out some place nearby where I can step out, but this was overseas so I didn't have those options :(
Don't be so down about it you will get back on track when you get home,I'm diet control no meds, I will be back on track again after a few days away myself. Good luck K