What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

samsmeat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
11.1 at 8am.
Only diagnosed in April and no medication as they wanted me to try diet changes first. Levels all over he place and vary from 6.4 to 15.5.
HbA1c was 67 in April. Diabetic nurse said I should be on meds....dietician said I shouldn't.
Cholesterol 7.1 - GP didn't prescribe meds and dietician said I should be on statins. No consistency so hopefully when I get HbA1c done n Monday they will make up there minds. Got Diastix but not really sure what I am supposed to be doing with them as in how often/when as still waiting for Desmond course.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
fbg 5.3 today
@13lizanne

I note that you have been diet and exercise controlled for nearly 10 years now, that is very encouraging for a relative newbie like me. Would you mind telling me what level of carbs you have settled on ? and did you need to lose weight? if so were you successful and how hard has it been to keep it off?

thanks

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@13lizanne

I note that you have been diet and exercise controlled for nearly 10 years now, that is very encouraging for a relative newbie like me. Would you mind telling me what level of carbs you have settled on ? and did you need to lose weight? if so were you successful and how hard has it been to keep it off?

thanks
Sent you a pm Cherry as don't want to derail the thread:happy: