What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
5.7 at 6.30am...a bit better. I am hoping that the tiny (almost invisible actually) evil sugar fairies who have obviously been creeping into my living room at night recently, opening my little black meter bag, popping open my little strip container and smearing themselves over the strips...have gone off to wherever tiny evil sugar fairies go for a break...giving me a chance of some untainted readings.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Leave a note for the evil sugar fairies to come to my place. I could do with some readings in the 5s.
Mine was 7.8 today, due to the wicked DP witch.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying out this thread seeing as lots of people who I like to read about seem to have left the other thread :( Posting in both for now!

4.4 today. Daughter off on the train this morning back to Uni - then this evening we are popping over to Southport to watch the opening evening of the Southport Airshow - more planes for Hubby. Hoping there is no rain this time :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Something strange is happening. I'm having to reduce my insulin further. Something is happening. Not sure what. Still losing weight and an ok FBG 6.6 after roast potatoes for dinner. Normally I'd be much much higher.
Am I begining to tolerate carbs more, now lower weight and less insulin?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.1 today. Slowly coming back under control after a sad period of neglect.
Well done. I know how hard that can be. It's taken me a few years to settle back to steady 6s through day. I stopped tolerating tablets so ended up on insulin.

Reactions: ziggy_w

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Something strange is happening. I'm having to reduce my insulin further. Something is happening. Not sure what. Still losing weight and an ok FBG 6.6 after roast potatoes for dinner. Normally I'd be much much higher.
Am I begining to tolerate carbs more, now lower weight and less insulin?
Is it because you've lost three stones in weight Vicki?

9.4 today

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Leave a note for the evil sugar fairies to come to my place. I could do with some readings in the 5s.
Mine was 7.8 today, due to the wicked DP witch.

My levels have been up in the high 6s recently...I'll send then round if I can but the wee buggers never let you have anything below 6.5..and if they get to your strips too...they'll have you up around 8.5 in no time. Either that...or I am eating too many carbs late at night...but that seems a little far fetched.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,7.0 this morning.... not sure what's going on here,feeling so much better after the virus? I had for ten days.Hopefully it will all settle down and I'll run in the 5s and 6s again!The upside is I've lost a pound or two round my middle!:happy::)...........Just read pleinsters post re evil fairies,they must have flown down to this bit of Scotland in the night .........Ill set my pet haggis on them if they visit again!;)

Last edited:

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
4.6 another hot day ahead on the Peloponnese. Doing my aqua aerobics in the sea is a source of great amusement to my Greek neighbours!

Best holiday I ever had was touring round the Peloponnese and Attica with backpack and map checking out the ancient sites as research for a degree many moons ago. I think the highlight though was heading up to Delphi to find the Cave of Pan. I wil never forget it. Jealous!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
5.7 at 6.30am...a bit better. I am hoping that the tiny (almost invisible actually) evil sugar fairies who have obviously been creeping into my living room at night recently, opening my little black meter bag, popping open my little strip container and smearing themselves over the strips...have gone off to wherever tiny evil sugar fairies go for a break...giving me a chance of some untainted readings.
Morning pleinster. I think I know where your sugar fairies have arrived this morning. Up to 8.0 today from 5.6 yesterday! I hope they are just passing through. Glad to see you on the "chatty" thread. Enjoy your Friday.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I had to hunt the thread down too (on Diabetes Discussions) rather than keep using the link posted on the other thread...and I thought about just keeping to the other thread but clearly only numbers are really wanted there. I think I'm on this one now anyway.
I did exactly the same, pleinster. Took me a couple of minutes to understand :banghead: but easy once you know where the thread is!