What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Gout is very painful. Hope it settles soon.

Hi Kentoldlady1 it's settling quite well at the moment the doctor said to stop the tablets for now and see how it goes,thanks for your kind message. I've been put on Atorvastatin 20 mg once a day for my cholesterol it's 7.5 before starting the LCHF diet on and off for last 18 months it was 4.5. So need to go to low fat low protein diet to see if it comes down.K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Kentoldlady1 it's settling quite well at the moment the doctor said to stop the tablets for now and see how it goes,thanks for your kind message. I've been put on Atorvastatin 20 mg once a day for my cholesterol it's 7.5 before starting the LCHF diet on and off for last 18 months it was 4.5. So need to go to low fat low protein diet to see if it comes down.K

Its quite a tightrope to walk when you have more than one diagnosis, isn't it? Just when I think I have found the perfect diet for one thing something else pops up. But all taken together I shouldnt complain. I am very lucky in that I ( hopefully ) will still be here tomorrow, have access to health services and can afford to eat well. Mind you, that doesn't stop me moaning to anyone unlucky enough to stand still for 5 minutes.
Good luck with thenew diet.x

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG this morning 6.4 @ 4.15am
Then BG @ 10.15 6.3
My BG usually drops lower than this during morning has I don't eat till around 12lunchtime, the Atorvastatin I have just stated on Friday for cholesterol says this meds can raise BG levels for diabetics.
Has anyone else had this happen on this meds? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.6 t0day at 8am so much for not lying in although i never got to sleep till about half 2ish have a relaxing sunday on this wet and windy morning
Hi Karen8967
Great BG reading today! Lot better than mine, have a good day, if you can weather foul here!K

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Its quite a tightrope to walk when you have more than one diagnosis, isn't it? Just when I think I have found the perfect diet for one thing something else pops up. But all taken together I shouldnt complain. I am very lucky in that I ( hopefully ) will still be here tomorrow, have access to health services and can afford to eat well. Mind you, that doesn't stop me moaning to anyone unlucky enough to stand still for 5 minutes.
Good luck with thenew diet.x
Hi your exactly right but a good moan is sometimes needed, makes us feel better sharing the load! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen8967
Great BG reading today! Lot better than mine, have a good day, if you can weather foul here!K
Its a little low for me k. Get bad headaches an feel a bit shaky am better round high 5s low 6s (trust me to be different )im not moving today in this weather you have a good day yourself an im glad gouts getting better

Reactions: Diabeticliberty
D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning everyone
BG this morning 6.4 @ 4.15am
Then BG @ 10.15 6.3
My BG usually drops lower than this during morning has I don't eat till around 12lunchtime, the Atorvastatin I have just stated on Friday for cholesterol says this meds can raise BG levels for diabetics.
Has anyone else had this happen on this meds? K

Kathleen me darlin' I take Atorvastatin and have never had increased blood sugars from it.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Its a little low for me k. Get bad headaches an feel a bit shaky am better round high 5s low 6s (trust me to be different )im not moving today in this weather you have a good day yourself an im glad gouts getting better

Hi Karen. I know what you mean I'm the same ok in 5-6 is but same shaky and unsteady in 4s we are all different what's right for one is wrong for others. Not moving today is a great idea awful windy, heatings on dogs asleep hubby relaxing that's us done! Haha! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen. I know what you mean I'm the same ok in 5-6 is but same shaky and unsteady in 4s we are all different what's right for one is wrong for others. Not moving today is a great idea awful windy, heatings on dogs asleep hubby relaxing that's us done! Haha! K
Sounds like a plan

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.6 t0day at 8am so much for not lying in although i never got to sleep till about half 2ish have a relaxing sunday on this wet and windy morning
I was sort of tossing and turning last night too. The worst is when you have to be somewhere in the morning.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Kathleen me darlin' I take Atorvastatin and have never had increased blood sugars from it.
Thank you Diabeticliberty. Not had cholesterol meds for years just been diet controlled hate taking meds but I told doctor I would agree to take them Has cholesterol has raised each year so I will see how things go with them, do you know if I should take them with food been taking them last couple of days on empty stomach unsure if this is right doctor didn't say anything about it. K

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been off since I was released from the hospital. Probably could have gone back sooner, but I've been glad to have the time to get well. I still get a bit tired in the afternoon.
I was off for a while when i came out of hospital 5 mths ago .and i still get tired myself i work 7am till 2 pm monday to friday so not too bad but this diabeties is defo a live changer

Reactions: tony n