What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

صباح الخير يا بلدي من مونشكينز السكري. قد يكون كل يوم لطيف وأسبوع رائع. This morning I elected for a change of direction. I did a blood test but decoded to use my big toe to give my poor long suffering fingertips a well deserved break. The said toe has swelled up,to 4 times its normal size and my blood sugars are 4mmols. Dog walking will be interesting as I can't get my gloshers (remember those?)on.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no rain...not so cold & quiet this here this morning...managed to have my first coffee in peace...about to have a second with breakfast...seems a reasonably good civilised start to the day so far...until I check my emails...only 500+ to get rid of...ooh how did we ever manage without them or our smart phones...for those of you far too young to recall those (happy) times...just ignore that questiono_Oo_Oo_O.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 @ 6.45am - back from our fabulous holiday to Oz.

Just about over the jetlag. Such an amazing country! Kept to low carb despite several hotels only offering continental breakfast with no low carb offerings - room fridge often stored a chunk of brie for me to eat!

Many more choices in restaurants of differing salads and most restaurants bent over backwards to accommodate any needs.

Airplane food worst as no option for low carb on their menus - hubby and I managed by my offloading carbs onto his and me nicking his cheese portions!

Now back to reality and heaps of work

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

4.5 today

forecast said 95% heavy rain, forecast was right! :p
A good day for a bit of indoor stuff, wardrobe sorting (me) and maybe putting up a couple more shelves in the kitchen (Mr gee).
Good on you gleefull weather here looks like it's about to drop a shed load of rain,I'm saying put has well! K

My BG this morning was 5.9

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,@Granny_grump_ yes this low carbing has a lot to answer for!Its been a great excuse for a whole new wardrobe!When I was caring for my mum in her 80s several years ago,I remember her saying to my daughter "When you are tall and slim like us you can wear anything and look good" The children,all tall,giggled because to them she was this little granny, but in her mind she was still the elegant woman of family photos!Mr Mac sometimes calls me the "disappearing granny".

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi,@Granny_grump_ yes this low carbing has a lot to answer for!Its been a great excuse for a whole new wardrobe!When I was caring for my mum in her 80s several years ago,I remember her saying to my daughter "When you are tall and slim like us you can wear anything and look good" The children,all tall,giggled because to them she was this little granny, but in her mind she was still the elegant woman of family photos!Mr Mac sometimes calls me the "disappearing granny".
Hi @Glenmac you mums recollections are so spot on in our heads we don't age it's our bodies that tell us when to take things easier, and to the shrinkage I've lost nearly 5 inches over the years couldn't believe it and asked DN to measure me again, she was right. I used be the one of the tallest girls in my class at school 5.7 inches now I'm 5.4 so now perhaps I'm the little granny now!K

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG this morning was 5.9
I went to bed shattered last night at 9 pm and only awoke at 4 am so I finally had a good nights sleep
Hopefully this will allow my body to fight back this cold, have a good day everyone. K