Whatever you think about Dr Jason Fung you can't say he doesn't have b**ls

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
I read the piece earlier with amazement. He looks to be dead set on getting sued! However, there is quite a long disclaimer at the end of the article that may protect him.
I have to say he does have some balls. Good luck to him.

Reactions: dbr10

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I read this again, omg...the adjectives are amazing. "On the take" , "money laundering", are some of my picks.

Most of the time he just points out the links between payments and opinions, which I think is absolutely in the public interest. My Mum is Jamaican, she has been demoted to the second most straight talking person I am aware of.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'd kick in for the defence lawyer's fees. It SO needed to be said. Just look at the funding of the NICE committee, and they're responsible for telling us what a healthy diet is. Coke, Pepsi, Domino's... Oh yes, so good for us.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wow!! About time someone brought this out in to the open. He's a very brave man.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The BBC did a program last year “The Doctor that Gave up Drugs”, on it GPs where shown getting fee food for their meetings from drug reps who then got to talk to them about the drugs for a few minutes in exchange for the bribe. Until LNHF promoters have the money to take doctors out for free golf days, I don’t think we will much that much progress…… (Golf is a great sale tool, as you can corner the person for a few hours, hence sales staff are often given golf lessons by their employers.)

M

Member34835

I am a fully paid up Fung fan and as a non-doctor/scientist feel that he is an excellent communicator of his points plus as a nephrologist and now LCHF hero (poacher turned gamekeeper) he has credibility, a big pair and likely a big ego.... I hope he does get sued, just like Tim Noakes did, to draw attention to these issues.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes - it is terrific to see such straight talking by a medical professional - Dr Fung really is the bee's knees. Great link thanks for that.

(I would never describe courage in terms of either having balls, or their size, but then I know a lot of incredibly courageous women who don't have balls. And, well, we could always discuss ball size in reality IRL if ever given the opportunity :).) (Metaphors are fun, aren't they? A bee's knee? Wo!)

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Films with Nicholas Cage !
Yes - it is terrific to see such straight talking by a medical professional - Dr Fung really is the bee's knees. Great link thanks for that.

(I would never describe courage in terms of either having balls, or their size, but then I know a lot of incredibly courageous women who don't have balls. And, well, we could always discuss ball size in reality IRL if ever given the opportunity :).) (Metaphors are fun, aren't they? A bee's knee? Wo!)

Bulkbiker kind of introduced me to his website...thanks again ! He really is quite admirable, isn't he ?
Bee's Knees, beetle's bum, wasp's willy....and more !