What's Being Done?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Now come now @SockFiddler , I get you think my post is optimistic, but consider how you found this site....probably via a search engine I would guess, this is how I did, but surprisingly for an IT Pro, it took me around a year to hone in on this resource. My point is that the "underground" movement of which we are in is growing organically. In IT we would call it a disruptive technology, as it cannot be controlled and due to the obvious successes we attain, cannot be kept quiet indefinitely.

Reactions: SockFiddler

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooooh, one of my all-time fave TED talks is appropriate as a reply, @Mbaker !

(While the whole talk is awesome, the really relevant stuff starts around 13:25)

But you're right, aside from what the wonderful Emily Levine has observed about "trickster" types, there's a quiet revolution taking place, a well-spring of knowledge fuelling people to think outside the box of conventional wisdom. It's actually quite an exciting thing. I would just like it to be less hit-and-miss and available to everyone, whether you speak English, whether you're online, whether you manage your illness by drugs or by diet.

That's not to imply any criticism of what this amazing place achieves. It's just not universal.

Last edited: