When to inject ??

kingofdrink

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with my question?

I am type 1, I inject novorapid 3 times a day with meals & lantus once in the evening.

I am having friends around for a nibbles evening (so not a substantial meal) if I fancy a snack at tea time to get me through like a sandwich for example. Should I split my last novorapid injection to inject a small amount with my sandwich and then with my dinner or should I just inject once later with my dinner ??

Any help gratefully received. :)

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Whatever you do, kingofdrink, never eat something like a sandwich without taking an appropriate dose of insulin. Without it, your bs will go through the roof and your mealime dose will be taken up with lowering your high bs, rather than dealing with the food as it's supposed to.
You don't have to restrict yourself to 3 doses of bolus insulin per day if it doesn't suit your eating pattern. Today, I only had 2 injections of Humalog because I skipped lunch. If I go out for dinner, I will probably take 3 separate injections to cover each course, because it's impossible to judge how much to take until you have seen how much food has been served.

All the best,

fergus

Reactions: Granny_grump_