1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Which coffee machine do you use ?

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by pamK, Jun 8, 2017.

1. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Be careful with decaff... there is a horrible chemical used to adjust the beans to decaff.. some brands are supposedly decaffeinated through water.. we buy the beans that are supposedly water decaffeinated. They reckon the chemical is negligible afterwards but the documentary I watched regarding the decaff pelrocess put me off decaff as healthy option permanently. I will never knowingly drink decaff again unless its water treated...

I was also drinking copious amounts like you thinking it was ok because it was decaff..

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We have a Tassimo machine which is okay - Mr Chook loves his lattes but I haven't yet found a coffee type that I like more than a good quality instant.

I used to have one of those yellow drip filter things (cost next to nothing) which made amazing coffee - you just put a filter paper and ground beans in to it and pour over water and it dripped in to the mug. Then the dog got it and it never worked properly after it had been chewed.

• Like Like x 4
  3. pamK

pamK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

donnellysdogs I never drink decaff But i have now bought my New Coffee machine I have a LavAzza and i have a massive lot of different coffee's to try Looking forward to trying them all i know i wont like many of them but Whoopie

• Like Like x 1
  4. spook_kate_

spook_kate_ Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Definitely the Tassimo!! GORGEOUS coffee. I have one and it's quick and small enough to fit in small kitchens. Easy to clean. Did i say Gorgeous coffee!!! Lots of lovely people on here use tassimo

• Like Like x 2
  5. spook_kate_

spook_kate_ Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Lol

6. pamK

pamK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Now have my new LavAzza and what a lovely cappuccino i had yummy But how many cappuccinos or other machine mad do you have a day Also do you only use double cream But what if you want a frothy coffe how do you do this Me and the machine are new to this

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook