Why go Low Carb - A great video presentation.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She's ruddy anoying. (Vocally.) but talks sense.. As a T1 i can't ditch the insulin. But cut it with LCHF to stop the "roller coaster" effect..
OK this vid is appertaining to T2. But these TED talks are still great! "Layman's terms."

Edit; I'll tag in a couple of open minded T1s @himtoo & @mahola . (Yeah. @mahola , you know you been been cutting back on da carb.. Motivational...) ;)

Plus. @Indy51 @Brunneria @Lamont D @bulkbiker @Bluetit1802

Last edited:

hansolo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great video. Also T1 but dabbled last year with LCHF until consultant scared me off because of ketones. Also quite hard to sustain while travelling. Going to give it another go as when I did it I sustained BGLs at 5-7 without the need for novorapid. Just took basal at night. Thanks for sharing!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've watched a few of this lady's videos, and she always talks sense - once you get past the squeaky voice.

I particularly like the fact that she understands and communicates the hormone situation, the hunger situation, and the no-blame situation. Very refreshing. :D

Reactions: hansolo

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thanks for sharing - I'll pass it on to other T2s who think I'm a bit paranoid because I eat this way.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great video. Also T1 but dabbled last year with LCHF until consultant scared me off because of ketones. Also quite hard to sustain while travelling. Going to give it another go as when I did it I sustained BGLs at 5-7 without the need for novorapid. Just took basal at night. Thanks for sharing!
hi @hansolo - it's OK to be T1 in nutritional ketosis as long as you have sufficient insulin to stop them getting out of control. Also agree it's difficult staying LC whilst travelling :(

Nutritional Ketosis.png

hansolo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks robert72. What's the provenance of this chart just so I know?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks robert72. What's the provenance of this chart just so I know?
It's from Volek and Phinney - The Art and Science of Low Carb Perfomance. A book well worth reading if interested.

I should have posted this image showing the source.

ketosis-for-HCG-diet.jpg

Reactions: hansolo

5c0ut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for sharing. Took me weeks of research following my T2 diagnosis to work out what this lady said in a few minutes.

This would be a great resource to share with newcomers to the forum.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I came across this video this evening. Dr Sally Hallberg debunks current " diabetic diet" advice and explains why LCHF works.
Worth a look.

Thank you so much for posting this. As someone who is working hard to avoid a diagnosis, it's very motivational and I'll be watching again. :)