Why me

Pennyz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My sister drinks at least 9 cans of lager a night, when we were kids she ate sugar sandwiches and used to melt sugar on toast, yet i am the one with diabetes, i take sukkarto 2 x 1000mg a day with main meal and am on humalin insulin injections twice a day, i hate this, i find it hard to control my diet, i have piled the weight on since diagnosis, not newly diagnosed, i actually feel like giving up with it all, i cant be the only person that feels like this.

woldsway

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
O my, how I relate to this. I was diagnosed 10 years ago, am on gliclazide and since last December humalin too. I have also put loads of weight on since starting the insulin and am very tired and depressed with it all, not even wanting to test my BG anymore as its always high. The nurse says its ok the dose I'm on and won't let me up it.
I really do know how you feel, if you find the answer do let me know!

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It is sure frustrating... but just keep at it... that's the best you can do. I also am having a rough time as I've been in 3 car accidents in past 8 months so dealing with injuries and also getting sick on top of my usual illnesses. I currently have a sinus infection and it's making my sugar swing... but mostly high side. Then pain also makes my sugar go high too.... equally if I'm having a migraine I can be easily hypo'ing and the symptoms are similar so I'm testing more. But basically I can't seem to get a happy medium... dealing with a bit that is impacting my diabetes. At least know you're not alone and you have lots of support here on this forum. I wish you the best. :)