why the price increase ???

gracol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
most modern (recent) "music" its just a noise !!
i use a GLUCO RX NEXUS meter but have been STUNNED by a massive price increase of WELL over 50% of the test strips on yr shop. Why the massive increase ??? is this a government ploy to kill off T2 diabetics. Would love a reason for this and any comments from these test strip users !!!!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How much were they before?
They now seem to be £12.91 with VAT relief
If you want cheaper strips you could try the SD Codefree or TEE2 meters which have cheaper strips.

Reactions: Mark_1

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
With me being on insulin and T2 I am lucky enough as I use a Ascensia contour next one or usb meter and get the next test strips on prescription and I have checked the other meters out and they seem to be to be a good price if you pay

gracol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How much were they before?
They now seem to be £12.91 with VAT relief
If you want cheaper strips you could try the SD Codefree or TEE2 meters which have cheaper strips.

further to my earlier comment re massive price rise from around 12 to nearly 20 pound for my test strips. have just looked at shop and they are no longer there !!!! am i now forced to buy a new meter and different strips !!!!!!???????

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

have just looked at shop and they are no longer there !!!! am i now forced to buy a new meter and different strips !!!!!!???????

Try another pharmacy to see if they have them in stock, as others have said get one of the quoted meters below.

Plenty of options for you.

gracol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
further to my earlier thread. just checked shop. no sign of gluco rx strips. have had to buy them from amazon at 32pounds for two packs of 50. why are they not in yr shop anymore ??????

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
further to my earlier thread. just checked shop. no sign of gluco rx strips. have had to buy them from amazon at 32pounds for two packs of 50. why are they not in yr shop anymore ??????

Did you read any of the replies that people have given you?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you read any of the replies that people have given you?
Why bother when they can rant.... sometimes I wonder why we bother and then get some great success stories which makes it all worth while again. Hey ho nowt so queer as folk I guess...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure why they are blaming the government for price increases? Do they think this is a government run site?

There, that's my rant done.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)