Wife/carer has recently left me

dubzn1

So she left 4 week ago and I've been in bits for this horrific time
She's gone back to her mothers but still wants to see me every Thursday
I'm begging to sort money pug and realised that she is my carer and will receive money for that duty
When I questioned her about oh she snapped that she still visits and is entitled to it
As things were turning nasty I changed subject
She has changed all her addresses back to her mothers

My question/s
Is she entitled to it still ?
If not am I going to be in trouble?

Can anyone shed a little light on the situation ?

Kind regards
Ashley

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Sorry for your loss. because that's what it is. Being practical get in touch with the benefits people or the Citizens Advice Agency. Personally I don't think she is entitled because its yours to spend on care. But do get advice.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a horrible and upsetting situation you are in. I'm not expert on this but it seems unlikely she is entitled to be paid as a carer if she only sees you once a week. I would definitely follow dawn's advice and talk to benefits or Citizens Advice. It does sound as if she is trying to pull a fast one.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Morganator

To qualify for Carers Allowance you have to be caring for a disabled person for at least 35 hours a week. It may be worth reporting her to the DWP as if her claim is stopped you may qualify for other benefits in your own right.

hotblack desiato

Type of diabetes
Type 2
tell the freeloader to fornicate right off to her mothers and grass her for fraud , not worth the worry , yep sure times are hard but she is obviously using you as a cash cow for what little benefit you get , clearly she has no concern for you as a person , just the cash , I know this is hard to hear , move on . find a decent one if such a thing exists , far too many times I have heard this from friends , clearly not worth it , chin up , your worth more than her , all the best , HBD

Reactions: 2 people

dubzn1

Thank you for the response ladies and gents
It breaks my heart each time I see her
Right I'll as citizens advice - think the last reply says it all really

dubzn1

Morganator said:
To qualify for Carers Allowance you have to be caring for a disabled person for at least 35 hours a week. It may be worth reporting her to the DWP as if her claim is stopped you may qualify for other benefits in your own right.

This hits the nail on the head

hotblack desiato

Type of diabetes
Type 2
sorry to have been so blunt , I couldn't actually type the words I wanted as they would be removed as obscene , best of luck at the cab , take care mate , HBD
:thumbup:

dubzn1

It's ok
I won't lie to any of you , I want her back ....... Soo much
But I'm taking precautions should the worst be the case

I'll pop up a thread about it all

Thank you all for your replys and being honest