winter and T1s.....

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone ,I'm new to the UK I didn't. Experience its winter, I am usually walking or doing exercises after meals not always but usually ,but I was. Wondering if I will make exercise in winter or walk.does cold effect blood sugar ?!
How everyone doing in winter ?..

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure myself, but you should definitely get a free flu vaccination. I've been told that weather can effect blood sugar but I don't know how, sorry I can't be more help.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
For a few years now, we have had much milder winters mainly with rain, and more rain. It depends on where you are locating to, the North or South, as it's always colder up North. The cold doesn't seem to affect my BS, but hot summers days ( we do have some here and there) do make my BS lower.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find that when it's really cold (even in buildings) my blood sugar can lower. The explanation my DSN gave me was that the body uses up energy to keep warm.

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For a few years now, we have had much milder winters mainly with rain, and more rain. It depends on where you are locating to, the North or South, as it's always colder up North. The cold doesn't seem to affect my BS, but hot summers days ( we do have some here and there) do make my BS lower.
Midlands ...

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone ,I'm new to the UK I didn't. Experience its winter, I am usually walking or doing exercises after meals not always but usually ,but I was. Wondering if I will make exercise in winter or walk.does cold effect blood sugar ?!
How everyone doing in winter ?..
This will be my first winter with T1
But winter in hell for me as have RA too
So the damp and cold play hell with
Am expecting a nasty cold one this year and with T1 no idea how it will go
Would be Kool to know if anyone else is T1 and RA and how they deal with winter ...
But then again am sure we all have other issues as well -
As for cold effecting BG am sure it do
We burn more to keep warm and if skiny from T1 could mean trouble