Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi folks , me again with a challenge. This is a long one over the winter.
I always want to be a couch potato when it gets cold but I can't do that.
This challenge is about being as active as we can as much as we can until the Spring when it gets easier .
Who's with me ?

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep.. Me and Surge will do that.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ooh.. Whats the challenge though??

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
The challenge is to do what you can and stay active over the dark winter nights . It's not easy when it's cold , it's the hardest time I think .
I hope to still do at least 30minutes most days , it helps to keep my blood sugar under control.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yep, can do... 30 mins loading the wood burner to sit by... Lol;)

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello . Yes I'll have a go. I wondered if we were going to change our season. :)

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Why don't you join in with our "Regular moderate exercise log." It's the same idea. Obviously it dawned on more of us at the same time.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Why don't you join in with our "Regular moderate exercise log." It's the same idea. Obviously it dawned on more of us at the same time.

I'm fine with that I didn't know it was there to be honest . Been doing these challenges for ages.
Is everyone happy with that?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ruth W I think we are in different positions to be honest . What you are doing is great but seems to be more about exercise , the challenges I have for me and others is more about being active daily , more for people who may eventually build up to your level hopefully but might be put off by the level you are at .
Please forgive me if I'm wrong though , it might just be the posts I read.
It is great to record and the challenge eg 'new you in 42' ' step up for Santa ' etc has had a good effect on people supporting each other .
Good to have both though

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Just keep up the activity during the winter

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm in for the limited exercising!!
Had 2nd lot of breast biopsies done Friday last week..pain in neck started Sunday ish. Now has progressed so can't move it at all and pain behind ear through to mouth, throat, eyes. Back to GP. Trouble is I got a recall early last night to see consultant this afternoon for a discussion and a 3rd round of ultrasound and biopsies...
I'm sure the 2nd round last week has given me the occipitical neuralgia.

Hubby dressed me this morn at 4am and has had to tske time off work to drive me to appointments...

Only exercise I can do is walking on flat ground.

Finding it hard to do injections as cant move my neck to see what i'm doing!!

Tablets given for pain relief slowing my stomach right down too and nothing worked for 3 days now!!

So flat walking straight ahead only....

Could be worse was due to move last Fri when got recalled for the 2nd time for more biopsies.. So at least I didn't have to cope with that as well!
4 years ago I had results from biopsies and moving on the same day so I guess there's a positive somewhere.

So limited walking it is for me...

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Had 2nd lot of breast biopsies done Friday last week..pain in neck started Sunday ish. Now has progressed so can't move it at all and pain behind ear through to mouth, throat, eyes. Back to GP. Trouble is I got a recall early last night to see consultant this afternoon for a discussion and a 3rd round of ultrasound and biopsies...

Hubby dressed me this morn at 4am and has had to tske time off work to drive me to appointments...

Tablets given for pain relief slowing my stomach right down too and nothing worked for 3 days now!!

Could be worse was due to move last Fri when got recalled for the 2nd time for more biopsies.. So at least I didn't have to cope with that as well!
4 years ago I had results from biopsies and moving on the same day so I guess there's a positive somewhere.

Sending you(((((hugs))))) get well soon,clive

Reactions: 3 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey there!
Always up for a challenge - and a great idea to keepy uppy exercise over Winter.
I did my morning jog - only a short one, because I was dragging the dogs along but we did a speedy sprint back along our top road to finish.:happy:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hello @donnellysdogs . I hope the pain eases and you get some good news soon. Take care. :)

Been given diazepam to take and loaded up on it for my biopsies this afternoon. Note at GP this morn said one lump abnormal and referred to removing it. That report was sent on 11th which was my 2nd round of biopsies. So should find out this afternoon from the consultant what is happening.
Got given diazepam which is certainly relaxing me... And omeprazole to try and keep my stomach working from extra painkillers. Fantastic to phone GP at 8am and get appt with best GP at 9am!!

I would like the lump just removed rather than more biopsies....

Excellent treatment though 3 appts with consultant, ultra sounds and now 3rd time of biopsies in 9 days. So much better than 5 years ago when one lot of GP Referral/ mammogram and biopsies took 6 weeks in South Wales. Here they do everything in one day and tests back within 3 days.. Thats a huge improvement on treatment.

Thanks for the hugs and best wishes. Walked home from GP but thats going to be my exercise for the day today!! Can barely walk in a straight line now!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@donnellysdogs . I hope all goes well with the consultant. I'm glad they have given you pain relief that works. Well done on the exercise.

My exercise for today has been shopping in town. Not good enough so I will try to do better. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Sounds like you re having a hard time . Here's a hug from me xx

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hey peeps I don't like the word exercise , it puts me off . I just like to be active . Shopping and cleaning windows etc is activity that we can all fit into our lives, little and often

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a wheelbarrow! :smug:
Also took the precaution of buying The Bad Back Book, a brilliant guide to avoiding back strain. Should be called the Good Back Book.
Then to the allotment, and 4 barrowloads of very wet compost from bin 3 to the veg bed, bending and lifting mindfully (I hope)
Then turned most of bin 2 top down into bin 3.
Then a nice long bath. Pain-free!
Tomorrow morning on rising, we will learn the truth ....