Wish me luck!

S

sunnyspots

I'm planning to start low carbing in the next few days - largely using Rose Elliot's books. I'm just waiting for the whey and soya proteins then I'll go for it. I will still have to live with three carb guzzling teenagers so I'm looking for all the moral support I can get!

I've had good advice before from forum members as my BG shoots up easily with very little carb intake. Now I'll take the next step. Please wish me luck!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I'll be really interested to hear how you make out with Rose Elliott's version of low-carb. Keep us posted, please :)

Good luck!

Viv 8)

Defren

Tons and tons of luck. I think you will be really quite surprised, as a tweak here and a tweak there and a low carb diet is not only very good for us, but also very decadent. Much nicer than calorie counting, and we are never hungry, yet loose weight - result :D

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have Rose Elliots book - mind you I have loads I'm a bookaholic.
Its a good starting point, but pretty soon you will realise that you know as much or more and adapt to your own lowcarblivin.
But good luck do pop in in and tell us how you are getting on.

stevolution

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the steak, butter and cream club - and good luck! :thumbup:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Rose Elliot is a vegetarian are you sure you bought the right book

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
dawnmc said:
Rose Elliot is a vegetarian are you sure you bought the right book

Yes, she wrote a book called low carb for vegetarians, or something similar. It's difficult to go really low, I seem to remember, but perfectly possible to cut your carbs quite severely. I used to have a copy but sold it on, as I'm an omnivore! If it keeps still long enough, I'll eat it. :wink:

Viv 8)

S

sunnyspots

Thank you everyone. I start tomorrow so that I have a long weekend to go. I thought I'd use Rose Elliot's book mostly as her food might be a bit more gut friendly if you know what I mean! It sounds like the results might be interesting so I'll certainly keep posting.

Thank you all again for the support!