Wish Me Luck

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
it's the big race tomorrow, I have a mountain of kit and food almost packed ready to go and a banner to go on my back with the blue circle.

Starting to get nervous now, last year I had a target time of 14 hours, this year I have no idea.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Good luck Dave. You certainly sound prepared which is half the battle. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck! It sounds like you've done a lot of prep for it. You can only do you best!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting read, thanks for sharing! It's a shame but as you said, at least your diabetes wasnt to blame. You had that pretty tightly controlled, I'd have been chilling in the 4s by an hour in!

On the days I go for a run (still only 3-5km with some walking) I only take 1u levemir instead of 3 and I skip my Novorapid with dinner..... And STILL hypo before bed. Feeding the insulin seems to defeat the purpose of exercising in the first place for me. I end up eating more calories than I will have burned!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry about the injury, you were doing well with your blood glucose, especially for so soon after diagnosis. You had a pretty similar range to those I had the last time I ran 42km (and that's far enough and I'm not going that far again), but that was 7 years after diagnosis and it had take me a long time to stop being scared of taking enough carbs on board to prevent hypos.

I don't know if you're familiar with this facebook group for people with D who take part in ,adventure,mountain and endurance sports?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/131297830871/