Wolf run

Brownie1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

I wonder if any type 1 has done the wolf run before? I'm type 1 and am due to due to do it on Saturday.

My concern is I have no idea what to do during the wolf run. I almost certainly will need to stock up at some point, but because a lot of it is obstacles and in water, I won't be able to have any supplies on me! I'm running in a group, and one of our friends isn't running, but spectators aren't aloud to impede the course.

I have a good idea what I should do in terms of carbs/insulin before the run (I've ran a half marathon before), and during that half marathon there were jelly babies stations etc, but this is going to be different.

Please help!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Brownie1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It went pretty well thank you! I really had no idea what I was doing but it worked...

I drank a bottle of lucozade before the run and the somehow managed to carry and preserve another bottle of lucozade through all that mud/obstacles! Drank that during the run... Also took one of my mates energy held at about 7k (out of 10) and tested at the end and was 8.2! I'll take that!

The rest of the day I was on blood sugars between 7 and 9.. To be honest I was happy to run them slightly higher in order to avoid any hypos during and post run which I successfully managed to do

Reactions: 2 people