Woohoo! HBA1C result!

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two months ago it was 128, I then started low carbing, and today I got the result of 86, lowest I've been for a few years!!!!!!!! :D
Still a way to go but what a great start! if I could only get rid of the dreaded DP it would be much lower!

Looking forward to seeing nurse next week and telling her it's all down to lchf ;)

Reactions: 15 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Dawn phenomenon (when your liver gives your BG a little boost (or not so little)) to help you get started in the morning.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My DP is usually around 13 - 16, compared to 7 - 10 when I go to bed. It's very annoying!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well done @rowan, keep going!

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Two months ago it was 128, I then started low carbing, and today I got the result of 86, lowest I've been for a few years!!!!!!!! :D
Still a way to go but what a great start! if I could only get rid of the dreaded DP it would be much lower!

Looking forward to seeing nurse next week and telling her it's all down to lchf ;)
Hi rowan great to hear your wonderfull news ...just great ..kat x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Well done rowan, I am so pleased for you. You are certainly going in the right direction :happy:

RRB x

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone, I'm celebrating tonight with a lovely fillet steak, celeriac chips, tomato and mushrooms and a large red wine :D

Reactions: 3 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must admit i thought it would be higher than that so it was a lovely surprise! The first few weeks there was still a lot of exerimenting going on (had never heard of lchf before mid january!), and more than a few very high BGs in the high 20s, so hopefully there'll be an equally impressive drop for my next A1C.
And I've lost around a stone in weight during the same time :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done Rowan mate! Keep it up!

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone tell me the new ranges for hba1c in mml my last reading was 63 which I know is lower than good and must do better but can't remember the ranges now it's changed???