Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
But you do have to be careful that the black dots are not a bleed dispersing, often you'll know if you've had a bleed because you'll see streaks across your vision like spiders legs, when they break down they turn into a thousand dots before settling at the bottom of the eye, if ever unsure call the Ophthalmology clinic.

H

Hooked

noblehead said:
But you do have to be careful that the black dots are not a bleed dispersing, often you'll know if you've had a bleed because you'll see streaks across your vision like spiders legs, when they break down they turn into a thousand dots before settling at the bottom of the eye, if ever unsure call the Ophthalmology clinic.

Good to know, I didn't realise that. :)
I do feel the ones I'm seeing at night are the results of the laser though. My sight is blurry or slightly grey to that same side during the day and was were most of the laser was aimed at last week when I think back on it.

I haven't experianced an actual bleed as yet, no doubt I'll be on here asking lots of questions if I do!

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you seem to be dealing with it well.

I might be wrong, but I think the normal is probably 1200. I say that because all 3 lots I have had, at different hospitals with different symptoms were 1200. The first session was quite uncomfortable so the Dr split it 500, 400, 300.

It is only simple science that made me think my first lot was pretty high powered as the Drs at the 2nd hospital couldn't comment on what had been done before. So my logic is that after the first 500 shots it took about and hour and a half for the brightness in my eye to fade, but after the laser at the other hospital where it was 1200 shots each time the brightness had faded by the time I had put on my coat and walked back to the reception desk, maybe 5 mins.

How long before your next session?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Hooked

I have just been reading the threads and I'm pleased the lasering went well, well ndone to you, its not as bad as we think it is. I have had laser treatment in my right eye, twice, the left eye appears to be unaffected, the laser is uncomfortable and TBH I really don't like it at all, but I clutch my trousers very tightly and think, it will be over soon and I can go home :) When I go to the clinic, everyone always has someone with them and I don't bother, I just go on my own, with my sunglasses in my bag and then get the return bus home. Mr K, the Consultant thinks I'm inspirational, because I'm the only one that does all this on their own, which is great, but when medical intervention is needed for the Cataract in same eye and on Monday morning, diagnosed with PVD, I really am not brave about any 'surgery work' being done, it turns my stomach and makes me feel sick in my stomach, and definitely not feeling brave :cry:

At the moment I'm having a problem with my eye and I'm not looking forward to being referred back to Consultant, but we have to get the problem sorted, don't we. Luckily Mr K is a great guy and very warm and friendly, puts me at ease,also he swears sometimes, which makes me laugh.

As for working, when I started a new job last year ( I left after 11 months, I disliked the job and the owners) after about 10 days/2 weeks I had my first ever bleed and when I told them what my Consultant said about taking it easy, no lifting, or heavy work, the male boss said they needed someone to work and basically just get on with it, I did work I'm a good hardworking employee, but they were not interested at all.

I wish you good luck with job hunting, I'm sure you will find something suitable and don't let the eye problem hold you back.

Take care RRB

H

Hooked

czj said:
Glad you seem to be dealing with it well.

I might be wrong, but I think the normal is probably 1200. I say that because all 3 lots I have had, at different hospitals with different symptoms were 1200. The first session was quite uncomfortable so the Dr split it 500, 400, 300.

It is only simple science that made me think my first lot was pretty high powered as the Drs at the 2nd hospital couldn't comment on what had been done before. So my logic is that after the first 500 shots it took about and hour and a half for the brightness in my eye to fade, but after the laser at the other hospital where it was 1200 shots each time the brightness had faded by the time I had put on my coat and walked back to the reception desk, maybe 5 mins.

How long before your next session?

Interesting, thank you.
Next session is Thursday next week.

H

Hooked

Robinredbreast said:
Hi Hooked

I have just been reading the threads and I'm pleased the lasering went well, well ndone to you, its not as bad as we think it is. I have had laser treatment in my right eye, twice, the left eye appears to be unaffected, the laser is uncomfortable and TBH I really don't like it at all, but I clutch my trousers very tightly and think, it will be over soon and I can go home :) When I go to the clinic, everyone always has someone with them and I don't bother, I just go on my own, with my sunglasses in my bag and then get the return bus home. Mr K, the Consultant thinks I'm inspirational, because I'm the only one that does all this on their own, which is great, but when medical intervention is needed for the Cataract in same eye and on Monday morning, diagnosed with PVD, I really am not brave about any 'surgery work' being done, it turns my stomach and makes me feel sick in my stomach, and definitely not feeling brave :cry:

At the moment I'm having a problem with my eye and I'm not looking forward to being referred back to Consultant, but we have to get the problem sorted, don't we. Luckily Mr K is a great guy and very warm and friendly, puts me at ease,also he swears sometimes, which makes me laugh.

As for working, when I started a new job last year ( I left after 11 months, I disliked the job and the owners) after about 10 days/2 weeks I had my first ever bleed and when I told them what my Consultant said about taking it easy, no lifting, or heavy work, the male boss said they needed someone to work and basically just get on with it, I did work I'm a good hardworking employee, but they were not interested at all.

I wish you good luck with job hunting, I'm sure you will find something suitable and don't let the eye problem hold you back.

Take care RRB

Thank you. Good luck with your consultant, hope you get sorted soon. :)

H

Hooked

Just a wee update from me.

Went for my second laser session yesterday. Painful at times, but bearable. Went much quicker than the last time and my eyesight today, whilst still being glarey and fuzzy, is much better after this session than the last one. No pain in the eye today either. 8)

Consultant said that I won't need the third session and I'm to come back in 6 weeks to see how that eye is doing and keep check on the other one. I'm so happy!!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes that is good news Hooked, hope all is well in 6 weeks time :thumbup: