Working different shift everyday

v6lass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm new on here just wondered if anyone could help I am a team leader for a small shop and about 3months ago we got a new manager who has advised me that I had to start doing different shifts I have always done early shifts as that way I was home for tea and doing medication since doing the shifts which some nights I am not home till after 11pm my diabetes is not as well controlled as it was. I have told my boss that it is not ideal but was told that I had to do mixed shifts. Just wondered if anyone else had similar problems and I am thinking of speaking to union but not sure if I would be wasting my time.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi I'm new on here just wondered if anyone could help I am a team leader for a small shop and about 3months ago we got a new manager who has advised me that I had to start doing different shifts I have always done early shifts as that way I was home for tea and doing medication since doing the shifts which some nights I am not home till after 11pm my diabetes is not as well controlled as it was. I have told my boss that it is not ideal but was told that I had to do mixed shifts. Just wondered if anyone else had similar problems and I am thinking of speaking to union but not sure if I would be wasting my time.
What does your contract say about changes to working hours?

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
Have you told him why you were on earlier shifts?

v6lass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Contract states needs of the business however I explained that i was finding it difficult working shifts to old manager and it was OK the new manager says that it's needs of the business N if I can't do it then I should consider stepping down