Worried

Sarey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I've not been on here for a long time . I ve been left with very little money after separating and some days can't afford to eat much comes down to soup or eggs. Feel my bg levels will be all over the place but too scared with my anxiety to check them. There is no way of resolving this at the moment so can I live on such a small amount of food being type 2?

Reactions: Freema

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Hi I've not been on here for a long time . I ve been left with very little money after separating and some days can't afford to eat much comes down to soup or eggs. Feel my bg levels will be all over the place but too scared with my anxiety to check them. There is no way of resolving this at the moment so can I live on such a small amount of food being type 2?

Welcome,

Sorry to hear, you'll come out on top! I'm not sure regarding your eating etc. I'm sure another T2 will be along to give some advice shortly.

Are you in the UK? If so, have you tried a local foodbank? There are plenty around and offer help to those in need, obviously it is not nice to have to ask for help or going to these places, but they are there when people are in need, whilst you get back on your feet.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont Think your food choice is bad in the poorer areas of china pregnant women are adviced to eat 4 eggs Daily to get protein enough and the egg yolk is filled with vitamins too . If you maybe drink some water with lemon you’ll also get some vitamin C and also thereby be able to uptake the iron from the vegs in your soup too, sad to read you are that poor dear , the English Queen ought to share some of her insane wealth with the poorest in GB

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sarey - I'm sorry you're having these challenge at the moment.

Eggs are extremely nutritious and themselves are very blood sugar friendly. Soups can also be excellent, depending on what's actually in the soup.

A while ago; several months, or a year ago, there was a thread where folks shared how they ate well on very little money. If I recall, I recall being bowled over by one particular member and how much and how many meals she got out of a chicken. I think she was following a low carb way of eating, although I cab't be certain of that, but in any case, it was astonishing!

I know @Brunneria and I talked about it at the time, so I wonder if she can recall the member's name. That would help find the thread.

Alternatively, you could consider starting a thread on "Eating Well on a very low budget", or something like that? There are some very inventive people on this site.

Reactions: Prem51 and Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @Sarey :).

Sorry to read about your situation, but it's good that you have come back to the Forum. I am sure 'everyone' will offer you some good ideas/suggestions etc.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Sarey I'm sorry to hear you are feeling scared. Are you in the UK? If you are is there a LIDL store near you?
When I was first diagnosed I didn't know what I could eat, and learned about the LIDL High Protein rolls from this forum. They are low carb and only 29p each. A whole roll is quite filling and tasty spread with some pate.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Sarey I'm sorry to hear you are feeling scared. Are you in the UK? If you are is there a LIDL store near you?
When I was first diagnosed I didn't know what I could eat, and learned about the LIDL High Protein rolls from this forum. They are low carb and only 29p each. A whole roll is quite filling and tasty spread with some pate.
Yes, very filling. I can only manage half a roll as a meal and I have been a big eater. I buy 4 (brings the price down to 25p each) slice them in half and freeze some. I can then fetch one out at a time for lunch.

Reactions: Prem51