Worstening BSL

Garyg123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was diagnosed type 2 back in September and was managing it quite well with diet and exercise but just lately my fasting bsl has been creeping up, this morning it was 18.6. I'm 6ft tall and weigh just under 11 stone. I'm due to see my doctor in a couple of weeks, what's the likelihood of having to go on medication? and is there anything else I can do to bring my bsl down?

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My partner is type 2. He's been on metformin for a while but the same dose for about 3 yrs since we've gone lchf. Bloody hell Gary you must be feeling rough with levels like that. If it was my partner I'd be dragging him the doctors now. If you run like that for a couple of weeks you are going to be in a right state, I'd be vomiting with sugars like that.
If you can't get the doctors have a look at the low carb part of the site.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Hi, I was diagnosed type 2 back in September and was managing it quite well with diet and exercise but just lately my fasting bsl has been creeping up, this morning it was 18.6. I'm 6ft tall and weigh just under 11 stone. I'm due to see my doctor in a couple of weeks, what's the likelihood of having to go on medication? and is there anything else I can do to bring my bsl down?

What is your diet like? A lot of T2s on this forum have found a Low Carb Higher Fats diet works significantly better than the standard NHS NICE "healthy plate" diet..