Would losing my job and a death in the family affect

calumcco

Would losing my job and a death in the family affect my blood sugar levels???
E.G. I lost my job of 7 years suddenly on 23.09.2013 and then my Nan died on 29.09.2013 and I was hysterical and in pieces.
Less than 24 hours later I had my Blood Glucose Sample on 30.09.2013 and I produced a sample of 7.9mmol
I.E. Would job loss and the death of a family member and the stress that accompanies these two life changing events be the cause of my blood sugar level being so high (7.9)???

The next blood test on 30.10.2013 had dropped to 6.7mmol. Quite a significant drop.

ScottyC88

Not sure, however I don't think the difference between your two reads are significantly different? My levels can fluctuate anywhere between 5 and 12 and sometimes higher (I have only been diabetic for 12 months though)

calumcco

Bloody hell, I thought 11mmol was the maximum blood sugar levels could go? How comes yours can vary so much Scotty? What were your symptoms before you were diagnosed?

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye, stress can play a big part in your blood sugar levels. Stress can push your levels up. I've had to start a new job after being medically redeployed and I've had to increase my insulin by 50% when I'm working. Hopefully it'll calm down when I settle in a bit more.