Wow - it's working!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Go for it, may help a lot of folks to see exactly what the goodies look like, description are fine but piccies even better.

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go for it, may help a lot of folks to see exactly what the goodies look like, description are fine but piccies even better.
Thnx . Will continue with new food obsession photographing it , vast improvement on consuming it (although that remains a pleasure).

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, wow, wow!!! Kylie size aspirations. 8.5 after lunch, how amazing is that!:D

Reactions: 2 people

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't you come a long way in a week, keep it up
Yes, indeed! My sister is amazed as she tested me prior to the official diagnosis and it was 19.6, @ which point I was following the diet recommended by NHS. I'd cut all the stuff they suggested and generally ate what would be seen as a balanced diet. Day 4 of lchf and the change is amazing. Had I not stumbled on this site I think I would still be hovering in the high teens and struggling to figure out how to lower the readings.
The support here is fab & allows me to indulge in a 'pity party' without boring my family quite as much.
Thank you

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Sounds delicious, you can also have them with Camembert & bacon, my favourite

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Poorer start 10.1, highest reading 11.6. However, delighted to say another 2lb off and reading before eve meal 9 .
Salmon (tinned. but gorgeous) & feta salad. (Photo attached - sorry new obsession. Omlette this morning looked gr8 until I tried to put it on the plate - no chefs in danger of losing their jobs with my skills.
Still feeling full and resisted the temptation to eat chips!!!

Attachments

• 1407791851608.jpg
    1407791851608.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 237

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
LCHF is awesome! 3 stone weight loss and bs between 5.5-6.5 before food. All since 28th of jan this year! Glad it's working for you! Yay! :D

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mistake highest reading 10.6 and post eve meal 9.9 fantastic!

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's fab. No doubt the medics won't approve, but this is so much better than the diet they suggest. Tempted to try porridge, which was recommended to see the impact.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
By all means give porridge a try, but test after an hour as well as two hours in case the spike comes early. Some can tolerate it, some can't.

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's more to vonfirm what I think, that the carbs really are a no-no, but don't want to ruin my diet really, by experimenting.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
It's fab. No doubt the medics won't approve, but this is so much better than the diet they suggest. Tempted to try porridge, which was recommended to see the impact.
Have you come accross diet doctor?
http://www.dietdoctor.com
I was directed there by a very kind forum member on the day I was diagnosed. The science is all there so you can show your mum. My mum is now a fan and has been known to quote it! Lol!

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having real problems with my eyes today. Struggling to read even with glasses on. Optician won't see me till my BG stabalizes . This probably belongs in a different thread*!@!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having real problems with my eyes today. Struggling to read even with glasses on. Optician won't see me till my BG stabalizes . This probably belongs in a different thread*!@!
Yep blurry vision is normal as the glucose leaves the lens, you aren't going blind and don't buy new glasses till it settles. Or real cheap £20 ones from spec savers or better still readers from the £1 shop

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep blurry vision is normal as the glucose leaves the lens, you aren't going blind and don't buy new glasses till it settles. Or real cheap £20 ones from spec savers or better still readers from the £1 shop
Thnx very reassuring.