Wow New Forum!!!

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Indy51 - I looked around some more and I realise that people are talking in 2 ways about this - one seems to be very much Alzheimers related while the other is clearly talking about damage to the pancreas. I confess to being a bit confused!

S

Shar67

Sorry for asking this but Type 3 - does this mean you all have Alzheimers, are more likely to get Alzheimers - I'm not too sure I understand what Type 3 is. xx

As there was other reasons for getting diabetes other than autoimmune (type 1) and insulin resistance (type 2) scientist used the grouping type 3. as research was looking Alzheimers and insulin in brain protein the scientist used group type 3, as other research into different types of diabetes were also using grouping type 3 it was easier to divide type 3 into sub groups
A,B.C,D,E,F,G
Pancreatic damage due to illness or injury is grouped in type3C, so no we don't have Alzheimers or at any greater risk of Alzheimer's than anyone else.
Although having pancreatic damage due to illness or injury doesn't necessarily make you type 3c, you could still be type 1 or 2 as both Alpha and Beta Cells have to be destroyed for a type 3c diagnosis.

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As there was other reasons for getting diabetes other than autoimmune (type 1) and insulin resistance (type 2) scientist used the grouping type 3. as research was looking Alzheimers and insulin in brain protein the scientist used group type 3, as other research into different types of diabetes were also using grouping type 3 it was easier to divide type 3 into sub groups
A,B.C,D,E,F,G
Pancreatic damage due to illness or injury is grouped in type3C, so no we don't have Alzheimers or at any greater risk of Alzheimer's than anyone else.
Although having pancreatic damage due to illness or injury doesn't necessarily make you type 3c, you could still be type 1 or 2 as both Alpha and Beta Cells have to be destroyed for a type 3c diagnosis.
Thank you Shar67 - great explanation :-D much appreciated xx