wow

centaur68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm still new to this, is it "normal" after low carbbing for a while, that having a few more carbs makes you feel like **** & bloats you?

I'd done really well on LCHF after diagnosis, stone & half loss, dropped trouser size pulse & BP down etc.. however having worked at a few festivals recently (very hard to follow LCHF with crew catering) and having my kids for a couple of weeks during school holidays I'm shocked & disappointed that a tiny bit of weight back on & levels slightly higher having had a few more carbs than usual.. had ice cream with kids & it went up to 6.7 droppung back into 5's within the hour, HOWEVER, 2 slices of malted crunch toast sent levels to 7.7 & I felt **** afterwards for ages !!

back following diet/lifestyle as I did before now with intermittent fasting to get get back to where I was..

Last edited by a moderator:

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @centaur68 ..
Yes, it's normal .. but I wouldn't stress about it because the type of "life" situations that you have described happen to most people (myself included) from time to time. The best thing to come out of this is that you have made the decision to re-focus on your LCHF .. and to introduce intermittent fasting into your strategy. I'm sure that you will soon be back on track and feeling fine again

Hope this helps

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Aye, quite normal. During and after my 'wobbles' I have experienced the same kind of things. I've learned from this that I havn't yet come across a food that is actually worth all the horrible symptoms that follow. Mind you, I havn't had a Christmas since starting LCHF yet.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah. :)
The more time we spend with steady blood glucose readings in range, the more we feel it when they stray outside those readings.