Wrong antibiotics. FUMING

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I just had a call off the doctors and turns out I've been on the wrong antibiotics for the last week!!! So now I have to go on even more antibiotics!!! I am so fed up. I feel like crying! Back onto amoxicillin for another week now! :( arghhhhhh

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What was the latest bacteria? I think your last one was E. Coli right? And you were put on "Septra" (sulfa/trimethoprim) the last time. Septra is often the first antibiotic prescribed for UTIs. Another one is Cipro. I still think they should look for/consider a ureteral calculus in your case.

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What was the latest bacteria? I think your last one was E. Coli right? And you were put on "Septra" (sulfa/trimethoprim) the last time. Septra is often the first antibiotic prescribed for UTIs. Another one is Cipro. I still think they should look for/consider a ureteral calculus in your case.

Yes. E. coli. I'm so mad. I feel so sick and fed up. I've been on antibiotics for a whole week, making me feel sick and tired, for literally no reason. A few weeks ago someone put me on the wrong ones, too. Arghhhhh. My scan has thankfully been moved forward to 21st April now, that's one positive !

Reactions: nessa1970

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi chloesnavy. Im no stranger to the old kidney infection and it is hateful! Only advice id give and im sure its been said but take probiotics too. Good luck with ur scan x

Reactions: Chloesnavy