FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
How do I correct this?
This meter obviously doesn't take account of when we set the clocks back here in the UK, and I didn't think to check. I only just noticed that the time is wrong.
This'll give me incorrect times for when I've been testing, right back to whenever the clocks went back and I can't remember when that was...

What can I do about it?
I know I can just change the time for today, but what about the rest of the days before I realised?

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I never did know how to set the time on mine
It's on page 21 (you do date first) to 23 of the little "User Instruction Guide" book that you get with your meter.
But although I can do that, I can't tell how to adjust previous day's times that are wrong because of the clocks going back, or was it forward? And there's nothing that I can find in this book for that.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I didn't, t bother changing the time

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I never use the time on the meter ..ever .. I have a clock and a note pad .. only use the meter for my bs readings ... sorry cannot help .. if you do find out how to do it ..do let us know

Reactions: 3 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only way I can think of for you to be able modify the earlier times is if you can export all those older readings to a spread sheet and modify them there, if it's so important that you have the correct times.

I've always changed the time on my meter, but haven't worried if I'm a day out. I'm more interested in the actual patterns I see rather than their exact timings.

Robbity

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes
The only way I can think of for you to be able modify the earlier times is if you can export all those older readings to a spread sheet and modify them there, if it's so important that you have the correct times
~Yes that may be possible but I don't think it possible to rewrite the data within the memeory of the meter but as I do not have the codefree software or data cable am not sure.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes

~Yes that may be possible but I don't think it possible to rewrite the data within the memeory of the meter but as I do not have the codefree software or data cable am not sure.

Perhaps I should have been a bit more explicit, John - I agree and I've seen no way that I could re-upload modified data to my own meter (a Contour Next) either, but I can keep my own database (or spread sheet) and printouts. At least it's a possible way for Fran to have the information she wants.

Robbity

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
In the UK time zone it is simpler just to leave it on Zulu 365 days a year.

Reactions: 2 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As my time machine is currently out of order, and thinking about having some times correct and some not, I'm beginning to think along the same lines as Sirmione, and just leave it - so that if I do need to change the times at any point I won't have to remember where I adjusted the time, but only to check the day when summertime kicks in... much simpler over all, I think.
Yeah okay, panic over!
And thanks to all for your comments.

Reactions: 3 people