xray times-help?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi

Just wondering if anybody around this huge forum has had to have an outpatient xray completed in the last year?

My reason for asking is that part of my life is involved with a Patients Participation Group at our GP.

Our xrays from our local hospital are taking up to 40 days to get back to GP's. Just wishing to find out other people experiences around the UK or worldwide.

If you have experiences, could you let me know what County you live in please? I live in Northamptonshire.

Sorry its not directly related to diabetes but as we seem to be more vulnerable to colds and flu and therefore we may need xrays at some point.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My hubby had a chest X-ray yesterday at our local community hospital. He was told the results would be available within 10 days. Clitheroe, Ribble Valley, Lancs.

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Ive had a few,was told it would be with my g.p within 10 days ,but took more than a mnth on each occasion,im in west yorks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi dd, is it just the Chest area ?

Thanks RRB

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I would be interested in any xray time for anywhere on body. Not if you are seen in A&E though, as they normally get priority. Interested in MRI scans too.

It actually takes 10 days in Northampton to even get an xray so it could be up to 50 days before you get treatment and thats then not allowing for GP's to review and then get an appointment.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
How do I change post title to "xray times-help?" @giverney

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Done for you.
Daisy

(You can do it with Thread Tools).

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you daisy1.

Just wishing to find out experiences...to make real life patient experience comparisons.

No details of individual sign on names or anything would be included.. Just the County and length of time comparisons. I need something to try and get improvements made.

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
In Cambridgeshire X-rays seem to take up to a week to arrive at GP's. We get an option to attend the X-ray units at either Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge) with horrendous parking and fairly long waits in the department, or Newmarket hospital, with easy parking right outside X-ray and sometimes in and out before the time of the appointment! No brainer for us.... Obviously we are very fortunate. Sorry others get such poor service.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
In Cambridgeshire X-rays seem to take up to a week to arrive at GP's. We get an option to attend the X-ray units at either Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge) with horrendous parking and fairly long waits in the department, or Newmarket hospital, with easy parking right outside X-ray and sometimes in and out before the time of the appointment! No brainer for us....

How long before you get your appt to get xray done?

Thank you for response...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My hubby had a chest X-ray yesterday at our local community hospital. He was told the results would be available within 10 days. Clitheroe, Ribble Valley, Lancs.

Just to add to this. His GP referred him for the X-ray, telling him to ring to make his own appointment either at the main hospital 15 miles away or at the local community hospital. Obviously he chose the local one. He was given an appointment for 2 weeks hence, and was told if he wanted it quicker than that he could go to the main hospital where they have a no-appointment walk-in X-ray service. His GP had given him the referral form to take with him. He still chose the local one for less travel, free parking, etc. He was in and out, and back home within half an hour.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At my practise, if going for routine, simple (not involving injecting dye or the like), Doc hands over the paper, I stroll next door, sit whilst the radiographer finished her tea (or important clinical work), have my x-Ray, the if it's just something like hips, for bone density, I get a call later in the day, or the next day. Having an old style cottage hospital next to the practise is a somewhat lucky break though.

MRI and CT I've only had privately, which is also very civilised.

In UK, I live in Leicestershire.

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
How long before you get your appt to get xray done?

Thank you for response...
You phone up and get an appointment within a couple of days. I recently got one for the next day.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Anybody else with experiences?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
at ipswich hospital, it took 8 weeks for my gp to get the results.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Here in North Wales the doc gives you a form and you take it to the nearest cottage hospital there and then usually has to be before three pm.
Next day if you can't make it before then.
Usually takes about five days for the results to be available.
Same with blood tests ... the Welsh NHS is said to be falling apart faster than the English NHS.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
at ipswich hospital, it took 8 weeks for my gp to get the results.

Omg Ally1 thats worse than ours!! How long did it take to get the actual xray appointment please?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Here in North Wales the doc gives you a form and you take it to the nearest cottage hospital there and then usually has to be before three pm.
Next day if you can't make it before then.
Usually takes about five days for the results to be available.
Same with blood tests ... the Welsh NHS is said to be falling apart faster than the English NHS.

Said to be falling apart faster than ours but in reality for xrays it seems ok. Just a pity about A&E tImes and ambulance queues in Wales!!!:)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Said to be falling apart faster than ours but in reality for xrays it seems ok. Just a pity about A&E tImes and ambulance queues in Wales!!!:)
Yeah AnE is quite dreadful and ambulance times can never match Englands because of the terrain.
One thing I've discovered about AnE at night time is .... you phone first and ask to speak to the out of ours doctors.
Your medical records are called up and the person on the phone talks you through some stuff asking questions ... is this incidence related to your blah blah blah or suggests to you that it is and you get sorry you'll have to come into AnE or ok you have an appointment in two hours time.
The appointment i9s in AnE but with no sitting around depending what it is of course.
Got grand daughter seen to that way only last week due to high temp and chesty problems and the fact she'd had hardly any liquid all day.
When we got there it was a five minute wait .... there were other people there with little kids who had been or would be waiting around for hours.