Yay!

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
... After a little time away from the forum, I wanted to share some news...
f0528aaf441416e236345e3aefa52229.jpg

-- having been trying to conceive for over 2 years, I was a little bit shocked when it actually said 'positive'...! But after two digital tests, two pee stick tests, a dip test at my GP's and a lab test, I guess it actually, really is...

-- I'm so happy that right now I'm not 'stressing' about things, but I guess at some point I might - especially as having been reading up on t1 and pregnancy for the last few years then I know it can send blood sugars a little bonkers... But I guess I'll cross that bridge if/when it happens. I do have a pump and cgm, for which I am soooooo grateful for - even more so now than ever...!

At this point I'm working on smoothing out the lines - I was given the nice guidelines by my GP - a little daunting to get blood sugars down so quickly after eating but it's a work in progress!

Reactions: 6 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
... And good advice @azure, thank you...! I'm so very excited - but of course cant really tell anyone...

-- and I have read lots of your posts - lots of great advice in them and it's really reassuring to read your experiences...

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you :) Yes, the waiting to tell people seems endless! But I gave myself a secret hug every time I was talking to people who didn't know and I remembered I was pregnant. I'm surprised they didn't notice my enormous smile :D

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Congratulations!

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations fellow Artemis! That's wonderful news. Don't worry about the BG levels too much, yes it's all a bit crazy but totally worth it :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Congratulations fellow Artemis! That's wonderful news. Don't worry about the BG levels too much, yes it's all a bit crazy but totally worth it :)

Ha - thank you fellow Artemis...
-- timely of you to say not to worry about blood sugars - just sat here having a wee stress as misjudged my dins and it shot up more than I'd have liked... So corrected (even though I don't think I need to, just wanted to nudge it back down) and now I think I've over done it... Whoops... Orange juice before bed possibly on the horizon... Goes so well with toothpaste too...

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Yay !!!!!!! really pleased for you @-Artemis-

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Yay!! Congratulations!!! :) xx