ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes, except that insulin was mentioned as well and I have no idea what they were doing with that. As soon as I saw calories mentioned I guessed it was a variant of the ND thinking. One day these guys will realise that the carbs push up blood sugar and 'calories', of which fats figure highly, don't. A particularly stupid article.
Trying to make out its insulin taker friendly too?

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Interesting, but drugs are not needed to give the pancreas a rest and restore normoglycemia.

LCHF plus IF, reducing carb intake to minimum and IF to reduce insulin response to once a day or longer if you can fast for longer has been proven over and over to have the necessary effects on pancreas in T2 remission.

I'ts great that this is now hitting mainstream on a regular basis, but is nothing new.

For most people, with the right approach, T2 can be tamed without the necessity for artificially lowering Glucose levels using drugs.

Glucose in the blood is the symptom, insulin and leptin is the cause, treat the cause not the symptoms and the glucose levels will stabilise.
I think wrong carbs for your body is the cause, liver is over stimulated which puts pressure on the pancreas and retriggers leptin at the wrong time too. All out of sync!

Reactions: Freema and Jamesuk9

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wonder what the claim was hinting on was fasting for 4 days to cure diabetes?
To reset the metabolism from scratch.
Many posters are losing weight by fasting.
That was the solution in Roman times too.

Wasn't fasting in religion originally to keep the body 'pure'?

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder what the claim was hinting on was fasting for 4 days to cure diabetes?
To reset the metabolism from scratch.
Many posters are losing weight by fasting.
That was the solution in Roman times too.

Wasn't fasting in religion originally to keep the body 'pure'?

Good morning "ichihin". I will answer your last question: Fasting in religion was to make a "personal sacrifice" in the hope that God would answer your prayer. But in Isaiah 58:5 God makes it clear that he does not want people to "fast" just to get "God's attention". In the following verses God says that the type of "fasting" which He respects is where you "give your bread to the hungry" etc. In other words "YOU GO WITHOUT FOOD, CLOTHES, ETC., SO THAT OTHERS MORE NEEDY THAN YOURSELF "GAIN" BY YOUR PERSONAL SACRIFICE".

Have a nice day.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Here we go again: I picked up a leaflet in the Chemist the other day produced by AAH Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
YOUR GUIDE TO DIABETES.
Page 8: HEALTHY EATING IN DIABETES:
1. Base meals on starchy carbohydrate foods - foods rich in fibre help control
blood glucose levels.
4. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
8. Don't skip breakfast.

Any comments?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Here we go again: I picked up a leaflet in the Chemist the other day produced by AAH Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
YOUR GUIDE TO DIABETES.
Page 8: HEALTHY EATING IN DIABETES:
1. Base meals on starchy carbohydrate foods - foods rich in fibre help control
blood glucose levels.
4. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
8. Don't skip breakfast.

Any comments?
That's what insulin taking diabetics are told.

Since doing as I'm told I've lost weight.
Research states a low carb diet is MORE successful than a low fat one.
Low fat is successful but not as successful as low carb.

Now keeping bgs low.
Low carb is more successful than low fat.

I fit in the successful on low fat until I'm able to be slim enough to afford to eat lchf.
Insulin allows me the privilege of low fat to lose weight.

Low carb is healthier for fatty liver and heart disease.

So technically, I'm better off riding high bgs on low carb but the sugar will get me in the end.

I'm swinging through both masters! Carbs and fat.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That's what insulin taking diabetics are told.

Since doing as I'm told I've lost weight.
Research states a low carb diet is MORE successful than a low fat one.
Low fat is successful but not as successful as low carb.

Now keeping bgs low.
Low carb is more successful than low fat.

I fit in the successful on low fat until I'm able to be slim enough to afford to eat lchf.
Insulin allows me the privilege of low fat to lose weight.

Low carb is healthier for fatty liver and heart disease.

So technically, I'm better off riding high bgs on low carb but the sugar will get me in the end.

I'm swinging through both masters! Carbs and fat.

Hello "ickihun". Reading your profile my heart goes out to you. I don't have any of those problems - I suppose really I am reasonably healthy and considering that I do very little exercise I am doing very well and really have nothing to complain about.

Since starting on the LCHF diet about 6 weeks ago I at first was losing 1 kg per week - but suddenly I have put it back on again. I am back to 85 kilos (13 and a half stone), where I started. But my Insulin needs have dropped wonderfully. I am now taking M3 32 units am down from 44 and in the evening 12 units down from 34.

So, LCHF is a success story for me so far, but I am still waiting for my weight to come down and staying down.

Keep looking up - the story is not finished yet.