Yet another newbie

Sharont73

Hello

After being diagnosed last January with Type 1 (age 35), coped very well initally (HBA1C 6.0), however, am struggling a bit now. BM's still good (5-6) but always high in the moring (using Novorapid during day, Levemir at night). Has anyone any suggestions on how to lower morning reading?

Thank you :D

facelift

hello everyone i am yet another newbie and reading your message you seem to have a good knowledge of what you are doing, my only suggestion would be to try porridge before going to bed this may stabilize your blood sugars.
TTFN facelift.

samcogle

Hello, I suffer from slightly higher readings in the morning but I put it down to the dawn effect...that's as technical as I get haha but sure someone will expand on it. Anyway welcome to the forum :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
facelift said:
hello everyone i am yet another newbie and reading your message you seem to have a good knowledge of what you are doing, my only suggestion would be to try porridge before going to bed this may stabilize your blood sugars.
TTFN facelift.

Might also send them through the roof if they are anything like me !!

C

catherinecherub

You really need the help of a Type 1 with this problem. Try asking on the Type 1 board.

yipster29

Hi
I'm 34 and was diagnosed type 1 2 months ago. My BG been very ggod for last month(5 - 7) but diabetic nurse this week said only area for improvement was morning reading(around 7)I'm on Novorapid and Levirmir too and she suggested extra half ml Levirmir before bed... 1st night tonight... will let you know what tomorrow reading is!! Cath x