yet another question dont get it

foxy123

Hi i am asking more questions sorry ,i understand that you should test your blood two hours after eating and you should aim for under eight ,what im wondering is does it matter what the level is or goes up to between eating and the two hour test ,I ATE QUITE A BIT of melon and it was 12.2 a had test maybe half an hour after . Will be very thankful for advice :?:

C

catherinecherub

foxy123 said:
Hi i am asking more questions sorry ,i understand that you should test your blood two hours after eating and you should aim for under eight ,what im wondering is does it matter what the level is or goes up to between eating and the two hour test ,I ATE QUITE A BIT of melon and it was 12.2 a had test maybe half an hour after . Will be very thankful for advice :?:

Hi foxy,

If you had made the melon part of a meal then your readings would have been lower. You are effectively giving yourself a sugar hit.
There would have been a spike with melon on it's own so try not to worry. The half hour test wasn't really a waste of a strip if you had tested at 1hr you may have seen how quickly it was falling. You may well have been much lower two hours later. It is best to combine a food with others if it is high in sugar. Some people say they cannot eat fruit on it's own but do not have a problem with it as part of a meal.

foxy123

Thank you for your answers really glad i got some answers and some great reading on the link found that very helpful :D