You have to laugh......

Apricot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Apologies to Mods if this isnt allowed....

Am a Type 2 and struggling...so am watching my foods carefully...when I eat, what and how much...and Coeliac...and have to be strict with both regimes...

When I am busy at work...I nibble...used to be fruit..(just love the stuff...and eat my way through a fruit shop...)

I find I nibble when engrossed in what I am doing....so have been experimenting with some slivered almonds instead.
Seemed to work too...about an ounce in total...certainly no more.

Other diabetics in room at work..consume enough sweets/crisps/biscuits that it would take me a year to eat...thats their choice.....

Work has now gone nut free....none allowed on the premises...thats fine..so the almonds are off limits (so are Snickers and cereal bars with nuts etc)....so I am looking for a suitable alternative.....and it has been suggested...honestly and openly and from who I thought was a sensible person......that I have....beetroot.

As a nibble?? Its a no no....as it is usually in malt vinegar....so not allowed from Coeliac viewpoint.
Beetroot?? I really dont think so.....
Am I being over sensitive?? Just had to laugh....

Mileana

Someone suggested in another thread parmesan 'biscuits' - maybe they can show up here and tell you how those are made - did not sound all bad.

Or maybe diced veg? Cucumber, carrot, green pepper fruits?

-M

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Why nut free ? Is the firm making food for nut-allergic folk?

I would starve if nuts were banned.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
grind up some flax seeds and mix with ground Parmesan. spread "blobs" onto Rice paper and bake until cheese melts. Allow o dry. eat WITH the ricepaper OR bake on oiled foil and peal off.
Hana
"ricepaper"
available from Lakeland is made from potato nowadays. contains carb, but weight VERY low