Your cases/bags

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone got any pictures of the cases they're using for all their diabetic gizmos?
I'm currently looking to buy a new one rather than sticking with the original (boring) grey one.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Anyone got any pictures of the cases they're using for all their diabetic gizmos?
I'm currently looking to buy a new one rather than sticking with the original (boring) grey one.

Hi L3wisr,
How much 'stuff' are you carrying around? I got a simple black pencil case from W H Smiths for a fiver, of course it's not insulated or anything but as I work in an air conditioned office my insulin stays fairly cool anyway. Now the weather is warmer I'm also using the Frio as a precaution if I think I'll be carrying it with me.

Reactions: 2 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is the one I use. Brought it from WHSmith. It has 3 different compartments, I can fit all the essentials I need in there. (Meter, Insulin pen, Needles, Extra test strips) I chose it because it looked prettier than my plain black one :)

owls.jpg

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rock a manbag for laptop & diabetes stuff, if going light just carry the meter, strips, pricker, and one in jacket pocket. If just out with mates for food & beers I just carry a novorapid pen, and some gluco tabs. Definitely an annoying aspect having to carry all the stuff around.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who needs a bag when one has a wife (who has blinking loads of 'hand'bags!)

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No bag just make sure I buy trousers with large thigh pockets, seems to work for me :)

HaroldC

Waistcoats - wonderful things as they've got lots of little pockets. One for blood glucose meter, one for lancet/strips, one for Dexcom CGM, one for a pump, and room for an extra cartridge of insulin, memory sticks & a pocket-watch (last 2 not for diabetes) ;-)

Reactions: 2 people