Yum look how "heart healthy" vegetable oils are made...

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia

I would never put any of that stuff in my mouth ever again. What an incredible con job Mr Procter and Mr Gamble played on as all, by convincing the world that agricultural waste products were healthy alternatives to lard and butter.

Reactions: 6 people

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure what you mean by this post, I can see the differences between mass produced cheap products and more expensive cold pressed oils. But the cold pressed process has been happening a lot longer than mass produced products. When it comes to olive oil that's how you get extra virgin olive oil that is thievery first press of the olives and then each time they are pressed it down grades the quality. I just don't understand why you are trying to provoke a reaction like this

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
NovoRapid, Lantus, Victoza, Metformin (sr), Simvistatin

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm not sure what you mean by this post, I can see the differences between mass produced cheap products and more expensive cold pressed oils. But the cold pressed process has been happening a lot longer than mass produced products. When it comes to olive oil that's how you get extra virgin olive oil that is thievery first press of the olives and then each time they are pressed it down grades the quality. I just don't understand why you are trying to provoke a reaction like this

If you tried hard enough, you could make olive oil, or lard, or butter, in your kitchen. Each of these is a relatively easily extracted product of a "whole food".

It disturbs me greatly to see fields, and fields, of rape seed, almost all of which will go towards the production of supposedly "healthy" frankenfoods, and that my parents were sufficiently fooled by the anti-saturated fat hype to feed me this chemical **** throughout my childhood.

Reactions: 6 people

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I have made butter in my kitchen at home and yes it is easy enough to do, but your point I still don't get there is nothing wrong with cold pressing in the second video, and if it wasn't for all these crops then we wouldn't have these oils to use, you could use the same argument about wheat, oats, barley, maize, as that is all used in processed foods, yet cold pressed oils are far more healthy for you than most prepared foods in supermarkets

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
NovoRapid, Lantus, Victoza, Metformin (sr), Simvistatin

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I still don't get there is nothing wrong with cold pressing in the second video, and if it wasn't for all these crops then we wouldn't have these oils to use, you could use the same argument about wheat, oats, barley, maize, as that is all used in processed foods, yet cold pressed oils are far more healthy for you than most prepared foods in supermarkets

But I do make the same point about wheat, oats, barley, maize and processed foods. There is none of that in my food chain.

Don't eat process foods, don't eat grains (or anything that eats grains), don't eat mechanically and chemically recovered ****. Olive, Coconut, and Avocado oil apart, there is nothing healthy about most of the vegetable oils that grace our supermarket shelves. In fact, most of the labels should carry the warning "from the people that gave you trans-fats".

Just eat whole foods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

KiwiBaby2013

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The bleaching and washing with chemicals (technical term "refining" process) ! Yuk. Butter from the local creamery it is from now on

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i hate to say it because i eat and enjoy meat which is completely natural and unprocessed, but watching an animal slaughtered horrifies me alot more than watching them do this, i recently saw something where they bleached lettuce for some reason or another and i eat that, im sure there are worse examples of what i eat too that i dont even know about, unless im prepared to live on an allotment ill have to accept the processes :(

(i only eat olive oil)